Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit card statement

tag
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

New credit card statement

I just received my new CC statement from B of A that reflects the new Credit CARD Act requirements.  At the top of the statement is a table that tells me how long it would take to pay off the balance (about $2100) if made only the minimum payment - 14 years, at a cost of ~$3400 in interest payments.  If I pay $67 a month, it will take 3 years, with about $2400 in interest.

I always PIF, so the info isn't relevant to me, but I did find it kind of interesting.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Re: New credit card statement

I think that's fantastic, especially for those of us who aren't that great at math. Maybe it will help encourage more folks to PIF when they see how much they're paying in interest.
Message 2 of 5
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Hi

I know this part of the CARD act will help a lot of people to see what they are paying as far as interest goes......

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

My Chase card statement said that if I only paid the minimum ($81 on a $4000 balance 15.24% interest rate) it would be paid off in 25 years!!  By paying $143 a month it would be paid in 3 years!  Good thing I pay $150 each month and will have the balance paid off at the end of July.

I find this information very helpful on the new statements, but somewhat sad when it puts in perspective the amount of debt I have Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

I still haven't seen any new implications of the credit card act on my statements.  My balances are all zero so that could be the reason..
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.