Did you mean: 

New credit cards killed my scores

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: New credit cards killed my scores

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

I just got an email from barclay about my "free Fico score" since I have Sallie Mae.

I logged in. The one in Feb reported as 744.

The one that updated today reported as 753???

These numbers are all over the place. What model does Barclay use and is it accurate?

You see now you can really enjoy your new cards. 😃 Barclays uses TU 08 and this is the score to use. CK is a good free tool to check for your report content but I strongly recommend to disregard their scores from both TU and EQ. 

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha. Yea. It makes me feel better.
I have some inquires hitting the 2 yr mark soon as well so that is something to look forward to as well Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

See? I toldja it'd work out!

At least I think I did...
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Creditkarma is drunk. Creditkarma should go home.

+1,000,000

Message 24 of 26
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

I just got an email from barclay about my "free Fico score" since I have Sallie Mae.

I logged in. The one in Feb reported as 744.

The one that updated today reported as 753???

These numbers are all over the place. What model does Barclay use and is it accurate?

Barclay's uses Classic TU 08 score.  Go with it vs. CK for regards to TU

Barclays usesw the fico 08 model on here.  My score matches exactly the fico 08 score in my sig, and I bought that score.

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit karma monster strikes again to freak someone else out! 

Credit karma is pointless for the most part (fako score). I do have an account setup with them, but mainly to assist in monitoring to make sure someone don't have my identity opening up several accounts (yet I wonder if it's even good for that).

They state there in the business of credit scores, as shown on their site. That's just the back story as there really in the business of "selling" credit card signups. They get a cut of each card you sign up for through the credit karma site links.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.