Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit ding... damage report

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

New credit ding... damage report

Both the JC Penny card and the Dillard's AMEX that I was just approved for have reported to the CRAs. I was braced for a ding for the inqs and lowering of AAoA. I checked myFICO today, and my EQ dropped by 8 points and TU by 10... I have no idea about EX, of course.

All in all, though, this wasn't too bad. I'm relieved that it wasn't worse. The score drop was well worth it for two accounts that I intend to have for a long, long time and will grow with me. Two baddies will drop off this summer and all outstanding old, closed accounts will be paid off; the last of my baddies will drop off next year. I'll regain points as baddies drop off and outstanding debt is paid off.

Between these two new cards and the new cards that I opened last fall, I have some pristine accounts to care for and allow to age, replacing the baddies that will drop off. I feel like I'm making some positive, forward progress with my rebuild! And I'm finally getting to part ways with FP!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mzvanessa
Contributor

Re: New credit ding... damage report

Hi Tinuviel like you said it was worth it they will grow with you. Stick to your plans no matter what and you will get to where you want to be soon. Good luck on your credit journey Smiley Happy

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New credit ding... damage report

@Mzvanessa wrote:

Hi Tinuviel like you said it was worth it they will grow with you. Stick to your plans no matter what and you will get to where you want to be soon. Good luck on your credit journey Smiley Happy

+1

Wishing you the best of luck :smilehappy:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.