Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New discover it balance transfer help

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: New discover it balance transfer help

Alright thanks everyone for the replies. I was planning on transferring my small balance from my cap1 to the discover card so that I can call and close my cap1 accounts. Hehe. But since it isn't a large balance I will just pay it before the due date and be done with them. Feels great!
Message 11 of 16
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Before you close the Cap One...did you try their EO for a CLI and AF Waiver.  A lot of folks including myself have had success going that route.

There are a zillion threads on that here.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 12 of 16
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

I actually planned on telling them to close my old platinum account with only a $500 limit and then saying the same for my cash rewards with $1300 limit and hoping they try and make me stay. Then I counter with a raise my limit to 2500$ on the cash rewards and waive my annual fee. Will this work?
Message 13 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Skip the dream that they try to keep you and you counter with increase, use the email to president and send email saying you want both accounts moved to better rewards and a credit line of $5k on each.
The office will call within 2 days to discuss and then usually back within 2 days with answer.
They will counter the cli. My partner went $7600 to $15k. He asked for $25k
Message 14 of 16
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

To be honest I won't even use the cards lol. I don't spend a lot per month and I just got my dream cards(freedom, BCE, IT) so I will be using those for everything. I feel bad asking for all of that when I won't even use the cards.
Message 15 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ime, Discover wont process bts til the 13th day of account opening. Also noticed they sp'ed me that day on EQ.
Additionally, they will only let you do bal xfers the first two-three months of acct opening, then you get cut off. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.