Frequent Contributor
Lambo23

Re: New discover it balance transfer help

Alright thanks everyone for the replies. I was planning on transferring my small balance from my cap1 to the discover card so that I can call and close my cap1 accounts. Hehe. But since it isn't a large balance I will just pay it before the due date and be done with them. Feels great!
Established Contributor
Pilotdude

Before you close the Cap One...did you try their EO for a CLI and AF Waiver.  A lot of folks including myself have had success going that route.

There are a zillion threads on that here.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Frequent Contributor
Lambo23

I actually planned on telling them to close my old platinum account with only a $500 limit and then saying the same for my cash rewards with $1300 limit and hoping they try and make me stay. Then I counter with a raise my limit to 2500$ on the cash rewards and waive my annual fee. Will this work?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Skip the dream that they try to keep you and you counter with increase, use the email to president and send email saying you want both accounts moved to better rewards and a credit line of $5k on each.
The office will call within 2 days to discuss and then usually back within 2 days with answer.
They will counter the cli. My partner went $7600 to $15k. He asked for $25k
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Lambo23

To be honest I won't even use the cards lol. I don't spend a lot per month and I just got my dream cards(freedom, BCE, IT) so I will be using those for everything. I feel bad asking for all of that when I won't even use the cards.
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Ime, Discover wont process bts til the 13th day of account opening. Also noticed they sp'ed me that day on EQ.
Additionally, they will only let you do bal xfers the first two-three months of acct opening, then you get cut off. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}