New guy soliciting feedback on plan

tag
tatterz
New Contributor

Re: New guy soliciting feedback on plan

@primechicken wrote:
Great points, thank you!

No problem Smiley Happy

Me, personally, would go for CLI on your prime cards like Freedom and Discover. Amex is great because you can do the 3x CLI and not suffer a HP. With your income, I would say Walmart and Sams Club won't be worth a hp at all

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 21 of 27
primechicken
Contributor

I think you're right. I really appreciate all the experience shared from different viewpoints. I have been given a lot to think about, and the underlying message I'm hearing seems to be: prioritize, pare down, pick my battles, practice patience. Thank you guys for shooting straight with me and challenging me a bit. It's exactly what I need.
I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 22 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's so weird LOL...
Oh well...GE must be getting on to our tricks!
Haha just wait two or three months then try again :-) they will eventually work for ya!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

And btw, some of those cards you want have been around for a while... It took me five years to finally get a BCE!
Bah! What a goal! Haha just keep your credit goals in mind.

Regardless of what you want to be approved for, you've gotta get your cred in a position to do it :-)

Good luck again!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 27
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

When I mentioned interest rates, I was talking about rates on mortgages between FHA and conventional. I have high rates on my cards as well but I usually PIF. I agree that once you establish good history with a particular creditor, it is perfectly OK to request an APR reduction.

Thanks for the kuddos! I have been working very hard indeed for several years now (since 2008). Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 26 of 27
tatterz
New Contributor

It might be hard for you now, but just focus on the now instead of what you want to app for in a few years. I unintentionally gardened for 3 years haha and my scores fleww. But now I'm kind of obsessed with my cards and don't want to apply for anything else because I really have all that I need, even though it would be cool to have more cards I wouldn't really use them.

Also, I just read another thread stating that they hit the Luv with Lowes CLI and it was a soft pull so thats very good if true!

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.