cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here, and thankful I found this place!

tag
astralentity
Established Member

New here, and thankful I found this place!

Been lurking for a while, but I'm very appreciative of the help these forums provide.

I've had a BofA card since 2007, lost $500 in the CL because of the credit crunch and some other issues I was having.  But, since I started following the forums, I have cut that card down to less than 50% Util.  That allowed me to recently apply for a Chase Freedom with instant approval, which I wanted for a while anyways.  I also was able to refi my house, AND just today got approved for a Discover it card, which I also wanted as well.  Oh, before I forget, I was able to bump the limit on my BOfA card from $2k to $3k, bringing my total revolving lines to $5.9k, which is a first for me.  The Freedom was approved for $1500, and the Discover was approved for $1400.

I'm 28, and have a decent paying job and a house, so that helps too.

I was up to a 740 avg score before I got the mortgage, dropped to about 620 since then, with GEMB screwing me on a store card and maxing out the BOfA.  After fixing everything and the events explained above, I'm now back up to around 680.

Thank you again for the advice posted on these forums, I guess I'm going to "the garden" for a while to get my score back up before I try to get an AMEX BCE/BCP or PC my Freedom to a Sapphire (which I also want).

BOfA: $3000; Chase Freedom: $1500; Discover it: $1400
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JohnWillyson

Re: New here, and thankful I found this place!

Welcome! This place becomes addicting!

Just be patient, follow the advice here and your scores will return and then some!

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Please join us in the garden to let your new accts age. You've done extremely well and you should feel great about your progress !
Message 3 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums! 

Looks like you are on the way to build a strong profile. Keep up the great work! And yes its very addicting! Its like Facebook LOL

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@astralentity wrote:

Been lurking for a while, but I'm very appreciative of the help these forums provide.

I've had a BofA card since 2007, lost $500 in the CL because of the credit crunch and some other issues I was having.  But, since I started following the forums, I have cut that card down to less than 50% Util.  That allowed me to recently apply for a Chase Freedom with instant approval, which I wanted for a while anyways.  I also was able to refi my house, AND just today got approved for a Discover it card, which I also wanted as well.  Oh, before I forget, I was able to bump the limit on my BOfA card from $2k to $3k, bringing my total revolving lines to $5.9k, which is a first for me.  The Freedom was approved for $1500, and the Discover was approved for $1400.

I'm 28, and have a decent paying job and a house, so that helps too.

I was up to a 740 avg score before I got the mortgage, dropped to about 620 since then, with GEMB screwing me on a store card and maxing out the BOfA.  After fixing everything and the events explained above, I'm now back up to around 680.

Thank you again for the advice posted on these forums, I guess I'm going to "the garden" for a while to get my score back up before I try to get an AMEX BCE/BCP or PC my Freedom to a Sapphire (which I also want).

Welcome to the forum 

You have a inspiring story of your events thanks for sharing as i'm sure someone else who is lurking will read and join us.

Congrats on your new cards and get that UTL down to 1-9% and watch as your scores shoot up

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
astralentity
Established Member

Thank you all.   I also tried to get the Amex BCE but was denied.   Oh well, I can wait.  I'll give myself at least 6-12 months of good history with the new cards before jumping on the Amex bandwagon.   I know I can do it, I don't ever have my finger tempted to apply for new cards or hit the CLI.  The $1k CLI was my first time ever in the 6 years I've had my BOfA that I hit the CLI button. 

BOfA: $3000; Chase Freedom: $1500; Discover it: $1400
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@astralentity wrote:

Thank you all.   I also tried to get the Amex BCE but was denied.   Oh well, I can wait.  I'll give myself at least 6-12 months of good history with the new cards before jumping on the Amex bandwagon.   I know I can do it, I don't ever have my finger tempted to apply for new cards or hit the CLI.  The $1k CLI was my first time ever in the 6 years I've had my BOfA that I hit the CLI button. 

See you in the gardenSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
Express
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the form!
CL $408,200
Message 8 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

welcome aboard the credit addiction club Smiley Wink heheh

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.