Established Member
astralentity

New here, and thankful I found this place!

Been lurking for a while, but I'm very appreciative of the help these forums provide.

I've had a BofA card since 2007, lost $500 in the CL because of the credit crunch and some other issues I was having.  But, since I started following the forums, I have cut that card down to less than 50% Util.  That allowed me to recently apply for a Chase Freedom with instant approval, which I wanted for a while anyways.  I also was able to refi my house, AND just today got approved for a Discover it card, which I also wanted as well.  Oh, before I forget, I was able to bump the limit on my BOfA card from $2k to $3k, bringing my total revolving lines to $5.9k, which is a first for me.  The Freedom was approved for $1500, and the Discover was approved for $1400.

I'm 28, and have a decent paying job and a house, so that helps too.

I was up to a 740 avg score before I got the mortgage, dropped to about 620 since then, with GEMB screwing me on a store card and maxing out the BOfA.  After fixing everything and the events explained above, I'm now back up to around 680.

Thank you again for the advice posted on these forums, I guess I'm going to "the garden" for a while to get my score back up before I try to get an AMEX BCE/BCP or PC my Freedom to a Sapphire (which I also want).

BOfA: $3000; Chase Freedom: $1500; Discover it: $1400
JohnWillyson

Re: New here, and thankful I found this place!

Welcome! This place becomes addicting!

Just be patient, follow the advice here and your scores will return and then some!

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 07/27/2013 - No apps until 2014

Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
09Lexie

Welcome to the forum! Please join us in the garden to let your new accts age. You've done extremely well and you should feel great about your progress !
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Welcome to the forums! 

Looks like you are on the way to build a strong profile. Keep up the great work! And yes its very addicting! Its like Facebook LOL

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

[ Edited ]

astralentity wrote:

Been lurking for a while, but I'm very appreciative of the help these forums provide.

I've had a BofA card since 2007, lost $500 in the CL because of the credit crunch and some other issues I was having.  But, since I started following the forums, I have cut that card down to less than 50% Util.  That allowed me to recently apply for a Chase Freedom with instant approval, which I wanted for a while anyways.  I also was able to refi my house, AND just today got approved for a Discover it card, which I also wanted as well.  Oh, before I forget, I was able to bump the limit on my BOfA card from $2k to $3k, bringing my total revolving lines to $5.9k, which is a first for me.  The Freedom was approved for $1500, and the Discover was approved for $1400.

I'm 28, and have a decent paying job and a house, so that helps too.

I was up to a 740 avg score before I got the mortgage, dropped to about 620 since then, with GEMB screwing me on a store card and maxing out the BOfA.  After fixing everything and the events explained above, I'm now back up to around 680.

Thank you again for the advice posted on these forums, I guess I'm going to "the garden" for a while to get my score back up before I try to get an AMEX BCE/BCP or PC my Freedom to a Sapphire (which I also want).

Welcome to the forum 

You have a inspiring story of your events thanks for sharing as i'm sure someone else who is lurking will read and join us.

Congrats on your new cards and get that UTL down to 1-9% and watch as your scores shoot up

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Established Member
astralentity

Thank you all.   I also tried to get the Amex BCE but was denied.   Oh well, I can wait.  I'll give myself at least 6-12 months of good history with the new cards before jumping on the Amex bandwagon.   I know I can do it, I don't ever have my finger tempted to apply for new cards or hit the CLI.  The $1k CLI was my first time ever in the 6 years I've had my BOfA that I hit the CLI button. 

BOfA: $3000; Chase Freedom: $1500; Discover it: $1400
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

astralentity wrote:

Thank you all.   I also tried to get the Amex BCE but was denied.   Oh well, I can wait.  I'll give myself at least 6-12 months of good history with the new cards before jumping on the Amex bandwagon.   I know I can do it, I don't ever have my finger tempted to apply for new cards or hit the CLI.  The $1k CLI was my first time ever in the 6 years I've had my BOfA that I hit the CLI button. 

See you in the garden:smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Frequent Contributor
Express

Welcome to the form!
Money Never Sleeps! ~CL $246,600 .FIC, Amex $10,000
03/05/14: EX 777 EQ 768 TU 765: Beaver Card $20.000: Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard $20,000 Lowe's Business Amex $3,000
Amex Blue Sky $24,500: Amex Premier Rewards Gold :NPSL: Amex Costco $7000:Chase Freedom $5,000: Home Depot $8,700 Discover IT $6.000 :Citi Thank you Card $16,500: Citi Simplicity $11,500: Chase Sapphire $31,200 :smileyfrustrated:am's Club Discover $19,000 :Cap1 World MC $8500 :Vibe,Credit Union $16,000 :Walmart Discover $14,000
Macy's AMEX $10,000 Macy's Store Card $1700. Alliant C/U 15000
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

welcome aboard the credit addiction club :smileywink: heheh

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+