Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here

tag
popsjam123
New Visitor

New here

I need all the support I can get. Started the year with 2 HPs already!! I need to stay away from these credit card websites.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New here

hello, welcome to the forums.

Message 2 of 9
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Warm welcome!  Check out the garden thread.  There's a wealth of support there.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, it can be a slippery slope. I'm closing in on a month in the garden and it feels like a year. The more you read about various cards, you're like "Oh, that would be so much better than...." whatever card you have.

But the more you app, you tend to get lower limits and higher APRs, so waiting is almost always worth it. The advice you get here will help improve your scores no matter what they are and you'll be able to get better cards, with higher limits and better APRs. Just have to give it time. I plan to garden all year and hopefully this will pay off with APR reductions/CLI's/whatever cards I may or may not get in 2016.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome to the forums

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's up, popsjam.

2 hp's, not the end of the world.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome! If it makes you feel any better I have 17 HPs Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 HP from which bureau?

You would have 2 from the same bureau, meaning you have 0 HP from the other 2 bureaus.

Or, you can have 1 HP from one bureau and 1 HP from another bureau, meaning you have 0 HP from the 3rd bureau.

Or, you could have 2 capital one card, meaning you got 2 HP from all 3 bureaus Smiley Sad

Welcome Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome,

Try to have good self control when reading here. If you are impulsive at all like me these forums can play hell on you. There is tons of knowledge here. The credit game is just that, 1 big game... You can learn to play it well here.

2HP's are nothing. I have 25-EQ 14-TU 7-EX   I hate dealerships so much. they are evil.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.