Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ideas !!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New ideas !!!!!!!

Yeah that looks like they may do that and just transfer Amex to Citi Card will just have to wait and see .

Thanks so much for taking time to help with my quesitons I very much apprecaited .

Jus one more question about the EX credit report that I orderd, it has incomplet information as far the collection account . No dtae of first dilenquecy showing  and  No date when the account will fall of also  is that normal or do I have to dispute that ?

Thanks

Message 41 of 54
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify...

The Amex letter states "you may be offered" ...

Citi will offer current (and open) Amex Costco TE carholders their Citi Costco Visa. You will have the option to opt out.

I don't believe accepting the CIti Coscto Visa will result in a new application, just a transfer of the existing Amex account.

If you do not accept the Citi offer for their Costco Visa, you simply will not have either after March 31, 2016

The Amex TE card will close and you will not have a Citi Costco Visa.

In the interim, Amex has been targeting Costco TE cardholders with prequalified offers for Blue Cash or Every Day.

Those who have been accepting these targeted offers, have recently seen their Blue Cash or Every Day cards auto increased to their existing Costco TE limits.

Those who already have existing Blue Cash or Every Day (or both) have also reported auto limit increases to match their current TE limit when the limit was higher.

I believe the Citi/Amex agreement makes it so Amex cannot *retain* TE holders via conversion since both Costco and Amex "own" the customers...

so AMex is offering a different product targeted mailing and matching the limit.. their exposure will be increased, but only for a few months then right back to the same..

kinda sneaky.

Make sense?

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 42 of 54
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I really don't want to apply for a new card, but I do want have AMEX credit card

Why are you focused on the creditor?  You should be selecting specific products that suit your needs/wants, not selecting a creditor and then trying to justify a card from that creditor.  What are you looking for from a replacement card?

As stated above, Costco and Citi may automatically transition TrueEarnings cardholders to a new Costco Citi card but the details have not been ironed out yet.  AmEx seems to want to keep their TE cardholders but they don't seem to be doing much at this point aside from targeted offers to apply for a new card.  Things can change quite a bit in the next 4 months so I'd suggest waiting to see what happens.  If you want to apply for a new card before your TE is closed by AmEx you'll still have plenty of time in March.

@Anonymous wrote:
if you let amex close it then it'll report as "closed by lender" which could have some negative connotation tied to it 

This is incorrect.

Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

in this case it would probably say transferred to other lender if citi allows the transfer. if not then it'll say closed by lender. i see it daily lol.
Message 44 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

we need a mega thread for costco, and another for sams.  for realz.

Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just chat online with customer service Amex Card, and she told me I don't have to apply for a new card my card will be updated to a new Amex card and than if I have to apply for Citi Visa card than my choice too.

I am very confuse some say Amex will not be Updating their to different A mex card and some saying Amex card will be transfering to a Citi card .

What will be happenig please I need to know if I should apply for a new Amex or wait for the my old Amex card to get updated withou having to apply for a new one?

Anybody knows the accurate info on this ?

Thanks

Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

not even amex knows. good luck my friend lol
Message 47 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

Can anybody tell me when the most companies from credit cards banks, loans, store cards.....  when they report to credit beraus ?

Is there specific date that they report to credit berau is it the 1 of the month and how long it take the credit berau to update your informations also ?

Thanks

Message 48 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

most report to all three but some only report to two. and it depends on the creditor when it'll report. synchrony reports in like a day or two whereas amex takes like 2 months so that depends on creditor.
Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to pull my credit report from my Fico.com  I just want to make sure if I do pull next day or two that my report is updated for this month since we are the 11/3 already.

Some said wait until at least the 11/5 to get the updated one.

I don't know ?

Thanks

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.