Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New information for NFCU cardholders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New information for NFCU cardholders

As of Novemeber 1st, available cash advance will be 50% of total credit line.  For example, if you have a 10K limit on your card amount available for cash advances and balance transfers will be 5K.  This is a system wide change.  Also, manual credit line increases will result in hard pulls.  It seems that some are able to stop this from going through but I was told all applications will result in a HP.  Automatic credit line increases can occur one year after account is opened.  No HP is done for this.  NFCU had a very generous cash advance/balance transfer program but, like other companies, they have cut back.  50% is still high but quite less.  FYI.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New information for NFCU cardholders

That's good to know, did they send out an email or a letter? I wonder if SP CLIs are going to be done with them too? I've seen some people snag some SP CLIs from the 9/1 AR...

Oz
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting info. Where did you come across this? Thank god I snagged my 22K limits on both my cards via this last round of AR SP's. Only on the second statement for each and have only put a few grand across them. Don't know why Navy seems to love me so much but I'll take it. 

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As of Novemeber 1st, available cash advance will be 50% of total credit line.  For example, if you have a 10K limit on your card amount available for cash advances and balance transfers will be 5K.  This is a system wide change.  Also, manual credit line increases will result in hard pulls.  It seems that some are able to stop this from going through but I was told all applications will result in a HP.  Automatic credit line increases can occur one year after account is opened.  No HP is done for this.  NFCU had a very generous cash advance/balance transfer program but, like other companies, they have cut back.  50% is still high but quite less.  FYI.

Manual reviews have always been a HP, that is not new at all. 

Now with the cash limit being 50% of the CL, that's pretty standard amongst all CCC. Where did you get your info on this? I have yet to receive any type of notification regarding this. Was this a CSR type of thing?

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Manual reviews have always been a HP, that is not new at all. 

Now with the cash limit being 50% of the CL, that's pretty standard amongst all CCC. Where did you get your info on this? I have yet to receive any type of notification regarding this. Was this a CSR type of thing?

Actually, not really accurate for Cash Advance lines for all CCCs.  Some range anywhere from 100% access, others in the 50% range and the great majority fall in the 20%-25% access range.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

or a $500 max. chase is stingy with them
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so does this mean the love button is still okay for SP if eligible?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last billing statement informed me of the cash advance limit change.  I spoke to a CSR about this and the hard pull requirement after viewing my September statement. That probably hasn't changed, but I don't want to risk a hard pull for a CLI I don't need at the moment.  I'll wait until January when my account is one year old and I will request a interest rate reduction (15%).  I have 7 HP's on EQ and a 680 score.  Utilization 1%.on total 35K limit among 6 cards plus an amex senior gold card.  10K limit on NFCU card.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

they will reduce your rate every anniversary
Message 9 of 10
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I got that message on my statements recently. I thought they were mad because I paid them all off..lol. Glad to know it's not me, it's them! Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.