Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New offer from Wells Fargo??

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

New offer from Wells Fargo??

Saw this today. $200 for $1k / 90 day spend.  Used to be $150.  If it wasnt for the fact they use Fico 2 Bankkcard, id jump on this

Good luck everyone

https://creditcards.wf.com/cash-wise-visa-card?product_code=CC&subproduct_code=CW&vendor_code=LS&sub...

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New offer from Wells Fargo??

Do they use Bankcard 2 for everything? If so I'm in excellent shape I have a 788 Bankcard 2 FICO Smiley Happy which only translates to 730 FICO 8
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats an awesome Fico2 bankcard Matt4200Smiley Happy.
Message 3 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Hmmm, tempting, I do love nice spend bonuses. But . . .  Wells Fargo, I've never had a single positive experience with them. I took a look a credit pulls, looks like they usually pull EX and high 600s Fico08 as a minimum score. .

Message 4 of 10
happypill
Valued Contributor

A $200 sign-on bonus for a no-AF card is nothing to sneeze at, but otherwise the card looks pretty much to be a 1.5% card and in the current market, 1.5% is no longer competitive so not really worth using.  Get this if the $200 sign-on is worth a HP to you, but there are a lot of other options with better initial bonuses.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does one get a Fico 2?

Message 6 of 10
trant3
Established Contributor

Ive read they're INQ sensitive. After being denied for the FNBO Amex, I'm now denial sensitive LOL

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 7 of 10
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

EX FICO 2 is another name for EX-98.  It is one of the FICO scores used for mortgages.  NASA, PSECU and several other FCU's provide it for free to their members. 

WFs uses the bank card enhanced version of EX-98 for credit card account reviews (ARs).  I have heard that they use other models for other loan types.  Supposedly, the FICO score model you are shown in their app depends on the type of loan you have with WF.

Message 8 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo has also raised the spend bonus for their Rewards Visa to $200 - https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/rewards/

I saw the offer when accessing my WF checking online (not a pre-approval, just product promo). The intro offer is 20k reward points for $1k 90 day spend, plus  5x points on gas, grocery, drugstore purchases for the first 6 months, and 0% APR for 12 months. But beyond the intro promos this looks like a surprisingly bad card - only 1 pt. per $1, points can be redeemed for merchandise or travel, but if you want cash you need a WF checking account or request a paper check. And the APR???? Starts at 17.9% and goes as high as 26.74!!! It almost seems like WF is targeting this card for those with less than stellar credit, which is not typical of WF. It looks to me like a "take the $$$$ and run" CC, which of course is not a wise credit move.

Message 9 of 10
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do they use Bankcard 2 for everything? If so I'm in excellent shape I have a 788 Bankcard 2 FICO Smiley Happy which only translates to 730 FICO 8

That's really interesting your scores are reversed from mine like that. My FICO 8 is 774, but Bankcard 2 is 708. It seems extremely sensitive to new accounts/inquiries. It took a 30+ point dip with a new account, and just recently bounced back to where it had been before.

It's taught me to always ask which model a lender uses since my EX scores have a 70 point swing, EQ is nearly 80 (705 Auto Score 5-781 Bankcard score 8), and TU is 50 (722 FICO 4-772 Auto 8). My FICO 8 scores are all in the 740-780 range, but most places seem to use older models that are lower :\

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.