Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Old" to cc usage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New "Old" to cc usage

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and I have really learned alot over lurking and reading the forums..so thank you.  I recently realized no matter how good i am with paying my bills that my utilization was killing my scores and that i had two baddies of 30d late from 1yr ago.  On reading, I have done the following in the past couple of months One: paid my UTI down from 98% to 50% (that includes some CLI) and had one baddie removed with NY&Co (30d only 1 in 5 yrs) with success using the "backdoor #" you all have provided, again thank you. I am waiting for Dillard's on the only other baddie i have, they told me the would investigate and send me a letter within 30 days, I have had that cc over 10yrs and that was the only baddie i have ever had with them. I have also had success with chase removing 5 inq that were not mine. I guess my questions are Have I hurt my scoring because I disputed on all three balances and CL? I had 7 lines with the wrong CL and balances (they had CL lower then it really was and they also had balances high then what I owed. Any help on this would be great.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New "Old" to cc usage

Getting things fixed is always a good thing! The CRA's don't know why something gets changed if the lender is reversing it. When my Disco got lost in the mail and they issued a new number, my Experian report continued to show the old account. I had Discover reverse it and my score actually went up.

Always get things fixed. What are your scores now?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a 638 across the board, then EX went to 666 on the 1st, TU 667 i'm not sure about Equifax . The only thing that had shown up yet was a few CCs reporting less then 50% usage. The payments and removals hadn't shown up yet as of today. I know I need to be content and give them time to be reported, but it's hard. I did the disputes on CL/bal last week. Last month AMEX lowered my CL to 4000K from 6,600K when my bal owed dropped to 4k, but they offered me a "immediate" reinstatement if I either paid 2k by the end of June or sent them my financial. While i was on the phone with them I paid the 2k, the DCL wasn't reported but neither was the lower bal. That was the "straw" that had me check CL and balances and disputing if they were wrong

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

as for CCs, I have 3 reporting at 80%, 14 reporting 49%, 7 reporting 30% and 5 at 0%, 30 days ago I was at 98% usage with all of them (with exception of the 5 at 0%) and I had 11 HP in the last 2yrs. I refinanced 7 mos ago and they pulled 4, new truck 14 mos ago and 3 HP and then the 5 HP from chase (got letter from them removing from CRAs last week) and a couple (2) HP from my CLI requests

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.