mancub88

New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

I recently applied for the Elan Financial Services ADVANCE CARE Select Rewards Platinum Reward Visa.

Once I acknowledged the terms (APR, rates, fees, grace periods, etc) I was presented with a standard application.  Once I submitted, I got back an OFFER of credit approval that showed the approved CL, the APR for purchases and cash.

Below the offer, it asked if I wished to ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer. 

I declined, because the APR was too high and CL was only $2000, and I was curious to see if this TL would show up if I declined.

They pulled hard on EX.

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

bummer, a wasted inq :smileysad:
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Super Contributor
marty56

Re: New regs: first time I have seen ACCEPT or DECLINE credit offer after app approval.

It should not appear on your CR so it won't affect your AAoA or new account ding on your score.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

what was your score to get that approval? util?
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}