Did you mean: 

New time-limited FNBO BucksBack VISA offer with 2% cashback at 11% V

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: New time-limited FNBO BucksBack VISA offer with 2% cashback at 11% V

@someone379 wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
I might consider apping for this and dumping DC, even though it's a smaller issuer.

How's FNBO's web UI/mobile app?
Do they Visa Signature cards as Flexible Spending?
How important are HPs to them?

Pros:
2% Visa
No AF
Not having to deal with Citibank
Free EX Fico?

Web UI is ok - The biggest thing with it though is that updates are slow.  If you are one that likes to check your accounts often you may not like that transactions can take days to show up after you purchase something.   Same is true for alerts, I set alerts on all my accounts for purchases over $50 - The alerts from FNBO are usually a day or two late where banks like Chase alert me seconds after I swipe the card. 

I already have the last limited time card from them (the 6.25% AMEX with 1.5% cash back) --- I would almost prefer this one as I don't carry balances but I think I'm going to pass as I don't want to risk my relationship with them --- I think I'm already pushing what they like to see in a profile (new lines of credit, etc.).    I have yet to get a 2% general spend card.

Wow, that's terrible. I guess I'll pass.

Message 41 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had a fnbo card. How are they with inquiries?
Message 42 of 110
JSS3
Valued Contributor

FBNO is the last bank I want in with for their fast growing limits and BT checks. I live in PA though and my file would not withstand their manual review application process. Too many inqs/new accounts!
Message 43 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO eliminated the "Flexible Spending" NPSL effective to August 1, 2015 (business decision based on their risk models). Note, Visa and Mastercard have completely eliminated any requirements for NPSL on their Visa Signature, World and World Elite Master Cards ... in fact check their website (do a deep search) and you won't find any such reference. As to how FNBO handles payments and alerts ... hmm I have had two of their cards since 2011 and find them to be prompt (in my case one day). Pulled up the app for this card and unless it stops me when I actually submit it did not stop me from applying (did not apply) related to geography - live outside their banking footprint. Also, I started for one year with the Bucks Back Visa with a 1:1 rewards structure, then FNBO converted it to a Vision Visa Signature (with NPSL). They have been generous on credit limits (yes, they did remove the NPSL on August 1, 2015). As to all the things a poster said they did, I had FNBO 20 years ago too and left them due to lack of competitveness in card rewards. As to the complaints on FNBO they are like many of the others you can pull up on the other lenders (believe there used to be truth in them but sometimes there is more to the story and we don't see that).

Message 44 of 110
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

FNBO eliminated the "Flexible Spending" NPSL effective to August 1, 2015 (business decision based on their risk models). Note, Visa and Mastercard have completely eliminated any requirements for NPSL on their Visa Signature, World and World Elite Master Cards ... in fact check their website (do a deep search) and you won't find any such reference. As to how FNBO handles payments and alerts ... hmm I have had two of their cards since 2011 and find them to be prompt (in my case one day). Pulled up the app for this card and unless it stops me when I actually submit it did not stop me from applying (did not apply) related to geography - live outside their banking footprint. Also, I startred for one year with the Bucks Back Visa with a 1:1 rewards structure where FNBO converted it to a Vision Visa Signature (with NPSL) after one year. They have been generous on credit limits (yes, they did remove the NPSL on August 1, 2015).

Thanks for the valuable info!  Smiley Happy  Sorry not to ask a dumb question or anything, but are NPSL and flexible spending credit cards (whether VISA or MC) considered to be one and the same category, for credit cards?  Or different?  AFAIK, at least 2 of WMCs that I currently have are flagged with the "flexible" spending category.  I am not 100% sure though, about my VISA Siggy...

Message 45 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

galahad15 - Flexible Spending, No Preset Spending and so on work the same way for MC/Visa along with AX. AX is really the real NPSL Card today and works that way (there is an internal dollar control that may kick in). Visa and Mastercard no longer require lenders to offer NPSL Cards. Orginially , the MC World, MC World Elite and Visa Signature were required to offer the benefit. Some lenders still have it (who's to say in the future). FNBO dropped the NPSL so who's next?

Message 46 of 110
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

galahad15 - Flexible Spending, No Preset Spending and so on work the same way for MC/Visa along with AX. AX is really the real NPSL Card today and works that way (there is an internal dollar control that may kick in). Visa and Mastercard no longer require lenders to offer NPSL Cards. Orginially , the MC World, MC World Elite and Visa Signature were required to offer the benefit. Some lenders still have it (who's to say in the future). FNBO dropped the NPSL so who's next?

Thanks again for the extremely valuable info and for all of your kind assistance answering my question, I deeply  appreciate your help!

Message 47 of 110
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Never had a fnbo card. How are they with inquiries?

I got my first FNBO card in July. Approved for $15k with approx 13 INQ's on EX (plus 5 new accounts). Approval was instant, with email regarding  CL a day or so later. So I would say not extremely INQ sensitive. I just wsa looking at this card today when I went on to pay my bill, hmmmm....

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 48 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
The fact that the points expire is pretty lame. It wont impact most people but its still an unnecessary annoyance.

I agree. Many other banks offer points or rewards that never expires. It is an unessary annoyance to keep you using the card to reach enough point to redeem before you lose all the points. I applied for FNBO AMEX card 6 months ago with a score of 720-736 and they declined based on 3.5 year old BK. I'm happy getting 2% back with my Fidelity Amex and also 2% on Capital One Venture with a generous credit line. As for the interest rate I use Barclaycard ring at 8% by transering a balance if I ever have to carry a balance. Other than that, I love the idea of getting 2% back on any purchase.

Message 49 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

At first, I had almost applied. But doing some research online, found that they are very notorious with their customers, closing cards for too many inquiries, reducing the limit after few months, being rude on phone  when called customer care and Credit pulling without notice etc. I think I am better off not risking my credit reports with them.

Message 50 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.