Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New time-limited FNBO BucksBack VISA offer with 2% cashback at 11% V

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New time-limited FNBO BucksBack VISA offer with 2% cashback at 11% V

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

We are currently only accepting applications from the following States: Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Texas.

No chance on this end but OK. Too much temptation at one time is not good. Thanks FNBO LoL

Is this the message you got when you applied?

Message 61 of 110
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

No, it says that right on the website portion for applying.

After reading the comment of them using FICO 8 Bankcard score being provided it remineded me that I have a 780 score with them.  So I figured that it might be a good thing.  I also have their Amex card.  I got it about 2 1/2 years ago and have had great history with them.  I figured that might help me get the card, since I don't have a DC card.  (I might convert my Dividends card to it though.  I have to make a study on it vs. the Freedom and IT card.)

I have had a very good experience with FNBO since I have been with them.  I have only ever had one issue with them and it was minor.  I cancelled my auto pay with them a few days before it posted, since I made a higher online payment with them and while it said it had been cancelled, it had not been.  Their customer service is really friendly with me and they do seem to be good about CLIs.  I get them quite regularly without having to ask them.  They have never taken AA against me for too many inquiries.  In fact the account I got with them was the 1% Amex and earlier this year they had a 1.5% card with a low APR and I asked about PCing to that card.  While they wouldn't PC it, they did give me the rewards structure, so a partial PC.  I wonder if I can get them to do the same thing now? 

When I got my first car with them I don't think it was instant approval, but the approval came very quickly after that.  At the time I applied there was a lot of discussion on the board about them.  At that time it seemed fairly easy to get a card with them if you didn't have too many new cards or inquiries and that the starting limits seemed to be fairly good.  I started out with a $2600 limit with them and it has grown to $13K+ (+ a little).  There were many months that I have not actually used the card, since other cards I have give better rewards.  (I might lose my points.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 62 of 110
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

We are currently only accepting applications from the following States: Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Texas.

No chance on this end but OK. Too much temptation at one time is not good. Thanks FNBO LoL

That is really unfortunate to hear about the geographic limitation  Smiley Sad  I wonder if FNBO recently changed their website to add that language, if only because if I am hopefully recalling correctly, I don't seem to remember seeing that particular language on the application page when I looked at the page earlier?  Smiley Sad

Speculating here of course, but if they did in fact add the language recently, it would seem to echo the same pattern they took for the previous time-limited FNBO Amex offering (i.e., it was originally open to app for in all U.S. states AFAIK -- in fact, that was how I was able to succesfully obtain one myself on April 4th -- but they then later very sadly closed that door around mid-April I think to lock it down to their own individual states of local service).

Message 63 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't stop thinking about this card. I am not going to app for it, but it is on my mind. I keep hearing all you myfico'ers chanting that my DC will be nerfed...my dc will be nerfed, my dc will be nerfed.... and this is all I can think of lol

Message 64 of 110
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

I'm in Texas and since I thought it was a good offer, I applied for it. It gave me the 2-4 week written message in the mail notice. I've read from others that this is a good sign. I called the credit card department before applying and spoke to a nice fellow. From what he said I met the criteria. Will have to wait and see. He did say that if I am denied that I can call and ask for the "Credit Team" and they can manually look at it for me. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that, but we shall see. 

I'll keep this thread posted on what happens.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 65 of 110
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

I called the "credit team" and they told me each application is reviewed manually for this card. Should have a decision by the middle of next week he said. I'll post the results.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 66 of 110
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

I called the "credit team" and they told me each application is reviewed manually for this card. Should have a decision by the middle of next week he said. I'll post the results.

Good luck and really hope that everything works out great for you there!  Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

That is really unfortunate to hear about the geographic limitation  Smiley Sad  I wonder if FNBO recently changed their website to add that language, if only because if I am hopefully recalling correctly, I don't seem to remember seeing that particular language on the application page when I looked at the page earlier?  Smiley Sad

Speculating here of course, but if they did in fact add the language recently, it would seem to echo the same pattern they took for the previous time-limited FNBO Amex offering (i.e., it was originally open to app for in all U.S. states AFAIK -- in fact, that was how I was able to succesfully obtain one myself on April 4th -- but they then later very sadly closed that door around mid-April I think to lock it down to their own individual states of local service).

If it's the same screen as before, you can still bypass it by selecting Nebraska and then applying with your real address. They don't care.

Message 68 of 110
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

If it's the same screen as before, you can still bypass it by selecting Nebraska and then applying with your real address. They don't care.

Tempting....

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 69 of 110
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO Offering 2% Back Limited Edition Visa

If you live in Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, or Texas you can apply for this limited time offered Visa card thru the end of the year. Offers 2% back with current 11% variable APR

https://www.firstnational.com/lp/2015/bucksback/visa/?type=banner&ecid=150111|OMA|RDG|0093|MKT|PTM|M...

Message 70 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.