cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Apps

tag
Nw2Fico

New to Apps

Going to App tomorrow for several cards, only that pull EQ as its my best score.

In which order should I apply?

I would like the following

OCCU Duck Card

Citi Premier

Discover it

Penfed LOC/AUTO

I currently have oldest account at 19 years, 2 recently opened in July, and 3 inquiries from Navy in that same month.

Income 107K AAoA 3.3 years, UTL 1% if less

I want a LOC as its convenient for my business.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: New to Apps

@Nw2Fico wrote:

Going to App tomorrow for several cards, only that pull EQ as its my best score.

OCCU Duck Card

Citi Premier

Discover it

Penfed LOC/AUTO

I currently have oldest account at 19 years, 2 recently opened in July, and 3 inquiries from Navy in that same month.

What's your EQ FICO score? Citi pulls EXP for me here in CO It's good they pull  EQ for you thou........ Good luck and let us know about the outcome

Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

+2. Citi can pull from any of the 3 bureaus, and sometimes even double / triple pulls. If you have some major derog on your EX / TU that you don't want lenders to look at, its best to avoid national banks altogether with a few exceptions, such as Barclays.

If you need a LOC, talk to a banker that you already have relationship with. Usually they can set up the best rates and terms for their customers. Alternatively, you can also look into moving some money into another bank and set everything up with them.

You should also consider business cards.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 8
Zz_JC_zZ
New Contributor

I got the Discover It a few months back and they pulled EQ for me. I live in Central Il
Starting Score (July 2013) Exp 665 Equ 658 TU 660
Current Score (Feb 2015) Exp: ??? Equ: 765 TU: 776

Amex BCE ($12,000) Discover It ($7,400) Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2,250) Cap1 Platinum ($4,500) Express Next ($1,450)
Message 5 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the forum. Nothing for me to add that hasn't been posted. Please update on the outcome.  Good luck! 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Nw2Fico wrote:

OCCU Duck Card

Citi Premier

Discover it

Penfed LOC/AUTO

Why Citi Premier?  Currently on my list of "Friends don't let friends apply for ..."

Message 7 of 8
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

Just to give you a heads up, I recently applied for Discover and they double pulled me (EQ and EX). Good luck to you!

In order of approval...
Fico Scores: EX 721 | EQ 723 | TU 719
Goals: Reduce util, obtain soft-pull CLIs and 720 across the board.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.