Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Forum help needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to Forum help needed

Hi Irish!  I think he got some of the initial responses because he emphasized not knowing very much, tentatively wondering if he should cancel some cards, and then asking for suggestions

Because the request for suggestions was pretty open ended, a lot of people (including myself) gave him the suggestion not to close the cards and focused a bit more on suggestions about scoring.  I think you are right that he may want suggestions about new cards he can choose from.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I posted in the wrong spot.

None of my cards have Annual fees that is correct

I have 1 loan through a credit union for a car original balance was 11k now it's 9k

I called citi and they told me they don't consolidate cards together I spoke to cs and to the supervisor is rather have the double cash card with a 3k limit then have 3 citi cards

They are soft pulling my credit from may instead of July and on may my score was 650 with marks on it I disputed them and cleared itin June and now it's 710 but they tell me to just wait like I'm lying 

I don't Mind leaving the cards in a drawer I just thought it Would-be better to cancel them and open up a better card with a better credit limit discover started me off at $5:00 for months ago and now I'm at 1800 citibank I've had for 4 years-and my limits have always been a 1000

So for an everyday card I could Try upgrading my journey card to a quicksilver I hate that my journey card has a 19.99 intereste rate and my citibank card has 12 Would you guys use the quicksilver azure every day-and the discover for certain special purchases because it has a rotating categories and just don't use the double cash or should I use the double cash as my everyday It's city would give me a dam credit line increase  

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 loan thrkuRe: New to Forum help needed

Ok I have one loan through a credit union for an original amount of 11k that's 9k for a car now

I have no Annual fees

Essentially want to obtain a higher limit and citi bank has denied me because the report they are pulling is from may not July and I'm may I had derogatory marks that I had removed in June plus my utilization was better. The cards I have what would I use as my main? The citi double for everyday and discover it for the categories orbdo house thebdiscober for everything because they keep giving me small increases. I can try and upgrade my cap 1 to a quicksilver I tried that with citi bank CS and they told me they don't do that I even spoke to a CS supervisor and was told they dontcombine limits together.

So again is there a good all around card that  gives good limits or should infocud on the ones I have. I like going ou5 to theme parks and stuff hut I've never flown so I don't think a points card is for me. I out about 250 to 500 on a cars a month then pay it 

Message 13 of 23
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Amex is a good card for groceries and gas. You could use the DC for everything else. I wouldn't give up the DC at 2% cash back for something with lower cash back options, but you could definitely apply for another card and wait out Citi for their next AR.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the OP receive accurate information from CS in that one cannot combine/move limits between Citi cards, or was the CS person he spoke with misinformed?

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reps were likely misinformed.  Here's a helpful article at DoC:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/rules-for-reallocating-your-credit-limit-with-each-credit-card-issuer/...

Money quote from the DoC piece:

Citi front line customer service representatives are usually pretty clueless when it comes to credit reallocation, this is because in most cases they can’t actually process them. You might need to call more than once to speak with a representative that knows what they are talking about, alternatively you can state “I’d like to reallocate my credit limits, I’m aware you cannot do this. Can you please transfer me over to the credit analyst department? Thank you for your help”. This should speed up the process dramatically, but some representatives might still struggle, just hang up and call again.

This also confirms that credit line shifts are quite possible though there is a hard pull:

http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/citi-product-conversion/

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just called capital one and upgraded my journey to a venture card. I know it's not as good as the venture 1 but no Annual fee and I don't have a travel cars so what the hey. I have the citi double cash and since it made sense to keep it no reason for quicksilver. Now the only issue is my card has 19.99 percent Apr she told me to apply for the same card and whichever has lower Apr consolidate them that's the best way.

Citi I called twice asked for the analyst department the first csr got her supervisor who told me they don't have that department. The second said they don't have that department but her manager said they did away with consolidation. I'll try tomorrow I guess.
Now I have
Citi diamond
Citi diamond
Citi double cash
Capital one venture
Discover it
Car loan
Message 17 of 23
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Did you see the "Backdoor numbers" thread? I think it's in the applications forum. That may have some useful Citi numbers to call.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible that Citi may really have changed its policy in the last year.  Those two articles were dated before then.  Citi has done realloocations for me but that was a little over a year ago and it was in the context of applying for another card (they are more willing to do that then I think).

I wouldn't worry too much about the CL reallocation issue, if I were you.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I've tried that number for citi and it doesn't work it asks me for a survey
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.