Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Forums and Card Approvals

tag
nolongeraneqaddict
Valued Member

New to Forums and Card Approvals

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. Over the last 6 days I have been reading through these forums furiously. A couple days ago I stopped in at my local Chase branch and was offered a pre-approval on the CSP. I ended up taking it and that started a bunch of research on further credit cards. Yesterday I went back and dropped another 3 apps.

I had always been nervous about using credit cards, thought it was bad to have more then 2-3. After reading here and using CreditKarma I think I have a good understanding and have set myself up to have great scores in 1-2yrs which is my goal for purchasing a house. Now just to move my bills around to the appropriate cards and cash in on the 90,000pts and $200 cash back I will earn.

I did lots of Apping and got everything I wanted, now time to go into this "garden" that I have learned about and let everything mature. 

What I got:

Chase Sapphire Preferred (Will Use as General Travel/Dining Card)

Chase Marriot Rewards Premier Visa Signature (Marriott Card, I stay here once every other month for work)

Chase Freedom (Had to get the trifecta into effect)

American Express Blue Cash Everyday (Gas/Groceries)

Look forward to continuing to learn with you guys and gals over the next couple years, Cheers!

START (01/13):TU: 701 | EQ: 692 | EX: 706
CURRENT: TU: 739 (FICO 5/13) | EQ: 711 (FICO 2/13) | EX: 725 (PLUS 5/13) in the garden since 3/9/2013
GOALS: 750 by 01/14
Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier | Chase Freedom | Chase Slate | AMEX Blue Cash Everday | Citi Dividend |
Citi Simplicity | USAA Rewards | Walmart Discover |
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: New to Forums and Card Approvals

Sweet, welcome to the forums and contrast on your approvals those are done good cards! Now see you in the garden Smiley Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 3
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: New to Forums and Card Approvals

Wow! Congrats! Great approvals! :-D
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.