Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to US Credit Score System

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: New to US Credit Score System

@Charmlessman wrote:

Thanks a lot Joteism, I already have two applications denied by chase so I will wait the 6 months as other posters have mentioned and then apply for the newcomers which I understand is an unsecured card. In the meantime I will use my secured card and keep an eye on my credit report. I still dont know how or when I will be able to see my score. I would like to know where I stand in order to set my goal and join the FICO fitness challenge.

Chase won't give you a credit card until you have at least a year of credit history. If you only have one credit card and no other credit history, knowing your score right now won't help with anything. Just remember to always pay in full and never exceed the credit limit. Oh, and also, try to push as much money through your card as possible - creditors like to see credit activity.

If you're interested in getting another, secured, card, Bank of America's Cash Rewards secured card would be a good option. And yes, I've heard that starting off with 2 cards is a lot better than having just one.

Message 41 of 42
Charmlessman
Contributor

Re: New to US Credit Score System

@rlx10 thats a lot of info to chew on but will defínitely follow your advice. I was told by my employer we have Houston. Federal Credit Union and I will find out with them.

@HiLine thanks, I will get try to get another one from a Credit Union and then start my garden.

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.