Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to forum, looking for high credit limits

tag
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Re: New to forum, looking for high credit limits

This is in my opinon only of course, i'd applying for the USAA Personal Loan (If you need it for a purchase) than the NFCU Flagship.  And stop there.  If you need the high CL's for utilization purposes than apply for the NFCU rewards card as we'll.  I like to get my inquiries out of the way, so I apply for all my new credit "IF NEEDED" one month a year.

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 11 of 28
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Also, if I had to pick 1 credit card for you that would give your biggest chance at a high CL it would be the NFCU Flagship Visa.  Im sure alot of members would agree, since you said you had excellent credit it really will be a no brainer.

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 12 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@dpechal wrote:

This is in my opinon only of course, i'd applying for the USAA Personal Loan (If you need it for a purchase) than the NFCU Flagship.  And stop there.  If you need the high CL's for utilization purposes than apply for the NFCU rewards card as we'll.  I like to get my inquiries out of the way, so I apply for all my new credit "IF NEEDED" one month a year.

I'm starting a business...

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Message 13 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@dpechal wrote:

Also, if I had to pick 1 credit card for you that would give your biggest chance at a high CL it would be the NFCU Flagship Visa.  Im sure alot of members would agree, since you said you had excellent credit it really will be a no brainer.

I will do the Personal Loan first, then go for the trifecta... Fingers crossed.  Out of curiosity, what kind of limit can you get on the Citi Diamond Preferred? That 0% introductory is so appealing. 

Message 14 of 28
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

There's never a 100% guarantee that you will get a high credit limit, so keep that in mind. I think you should look at business credit cards, so that the balances won't affect your personal credit. Since you already have cards with Chase and American Express, you should have no problem getting approved for business cards from them. I prefer to do it all in one day, but remember that inquiries post instantly, so they will see the other ones if they check the same bureau. US Bank and Bank of America also do not report to personal and have 0% interest periods.

Message 15 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@dpechal wrote:

Some people have referred to this method as the "Trifecta"

@with NFCU it is were you apply for the Flagship Visa, the NavCheck overdraft LOC and the Cash Rewards card.  If you max everything out it is an instant $65,000 Credit.  Given the Flagship is approved @ 25k the Rewards @ 25k and the NavCheck @15k.  It is doable and many of users have done it.

I don't see the NavCheck on the website?

Message 16 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

There's never a 100% guarantee that you will get a high credit limit, so keep that in mind. I think you should look at business credit cards, so that the balances won't affect your personal credit. Since you already have cards with Chase and American Express, you should have no problem getting approved for business cards from them. I prefer to do it all in one day, but remember that inquiries post instantly, so they will see the other ones if they check the same bureau. US Bank and Bank of America also do not report to personal and have 0% interest periods.

Thanks for replying!

Are you referring to US Bank and Bank of America Business cards or personal?

Message 17 of 28
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@businessasusual wrote:

Thanks for replying!

Business cards. Bank of America asked me questions about the business, but US Bank did not. Chase also asked me questions the first time(the second time just needed verification of address), and American Express did not.

Message 18 of 28
businessasusual
New Visitor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@businessasusual wrote:

Thanks for replying!

Business cards. Bank of America asked me questions about the business, but US Bank did not. Chase also asked me questions the first time(the second time just needed verification of address), and American Express did not.

What kind of limits did you get? The lawyer hasn't set up the business structure yet, so I don't have an EIN or anything yet. That is why I was doing the personal.

Message 19 of 28
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@businessasusual wrote:

What kind of limits did you get? The lawyer hasn't set up the business structure yet, so I don't have an EIN or anything yet. That is why I was doing the personal.

These business cards go off of your personal report anyway, so you can use your social security number and be fine. The employer identification number isn't really important.

I received 2000 for the Chase Ink the first time and was able to get that increased to 5000. One year later I received a mailer for another Ink card and got approved for 17,000.I already have a lot of credit with them, so don't want to push it.

American Express gave me 3000, and I leave it because I only charge shipping to it.

I received 3 preapprvoals for US Bank busienss cards and got 12,500 on each of them, wihth 15 months of no interest. When I applied on my own I got 12,000.

I got 10,000 on the first Bank of America business application and 5000 on the second one, but I already have 15,000 with them, so that's OK.

My history is only three years and all but two accounts were opened about 18 months ago, so if your file is similar or better, you should have no problem at all.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.