cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to posting.. Need to vent about Chase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to posting.. Need to vent about Chase!

Hi.. I've been reading the forum for awhile.. rebuilding my credit.. trying to buy a house this year

Anyway.. right now my score is currently 630 I was just dealt a blow with chase closing my account

credit limit 2000 balance 1200 never late in 2 years former wamu customer.

I have 4 other cards all with small limits and balances at 30% utils.

The reasons listed are BS.. they say my available credit on bankcards is too low, one or more bankcards have high balances and one or more are over the credit limit.. not true

just wondering what this is gonna do to my fico score.. and if theres anything I can do

thanks for the help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to posting.. Need to vent about Chase!

Can you afford to pay off the balance? And pay down $800 from your other cards? If you can do that then your overall UTL is going to stay the same and your score should not be affected. the AAoA will stay the same until this card drops off in 10 years

If you can't afford to do that then your UTL overall is going to increase and that particular card is going to show over 100% UTL which may ding your score somewhat

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my letter from Chase today; see the thread on Chase/Wamu cancels.

Exact same reasons given and all are false.  So, how do they think shrinking anyone's credit will change them?  I mean, we used to just go elsewhere, with nary a negative reply.  Is everyone's debt-to-credit ratio simply expected to get worse?  Who will buy those houses?

I'll be calling the supplied 1-800-918-9171 number on Monday to register my anger. If they're going to screw me, I'm not going to let it happen without an argument on their dime.

Frome the thread -- note that Broncoman got his card reinstated.  Ask him how. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can afford to pay off 1000 this month on the chase but the only thing that sucks is it will be 2 days after the reporting date so i was gonna pay down the other cards to 10% and work on chase next month
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bureaus all have us dancing around elaborate schedules -- our paycheck dates and our statement close dates, all marked on calendars here.  It gives me shivers sometimes, the way we've been reduced to dancing bears.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.