New Contributor
750Hopeful

New to the Amex Optima -- Can I get added as an AU to another Amex?

[ Edited ]

Just paid off a CO Amex account in full and got welcomed back to the Amex family with an Optima card 4 months ago. A family member has an Amex Platinum card that he's willing to add me as an AU to (to help increase my AAoA since it's a 20 year old account). But I heard that you can't apply for any Amex cards for at least the first year that you have the Optima (sort of a probational period). Would it be looked at any differently for an AU? Since I'm not applying for the card on my own and would be requesting to be added to a current long-standing Amex account, do you think I would get approved for that?

Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
McArthur

Re: New to the Amex Optima -- Can I get added as an AU to another Amex?

I think you'd be ok.  But it would be good to call and ask.  The CSR will let you know for sure and they are really nice. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+