Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the credit world. :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the credit world. :)

Good morning! As my first post I would like to say hello to the community and to thank you for all great stuff I have learned as a guest to these forums. Being new to the credit world, I felt I should become a member and join this wonderful community! Smiley Happy

I have been an AU on my mothers Citi card for a little over a year. About a month ago I app'd for Barclays just for fun and was surprised to be approved for 3000. 6 months ago I didn't have a score on CK, but I checked it recently and I have a 742!! However when I tried to purchase score watch with myfico, it said I didn't have any Equifax data. Why do I have Transunion score but not Equifax if I have been an AU for over a year?

I am also really excited to app for AMEX to get this 3x CLI everyone is talking about. According to CK, my AAoA is 9.5 years (mom has had Citi card for 19 yrs) Do I have a good chance of being approved in 6 months?

Thanks guys!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to the credit world. :)

Well, Barclays typically pulls from TU, and CreditKarma is based on TU data, so that stands to reason. I would've assumed that while they mostly pull from TU, that they report to all 3, though. Same for Citi.

What's with the Freedom in your sig? You an AU on that card too?

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you want amex, Apply now!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My BF is an avid user of these forums, when we saw my score he had mentioned Chase pulls TU and EX. So he sent me the pre-approval link for Chase, I was recommended for Sapphire Preffered, Freedom, Slate, Etc. I app'd for the freedom because of the cash back rewards and was instantly approved for 2.5k. Smiley Happy I might get the sapphire preferred next year before I go on vacation.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Does AMEX pull TU? I tried the pre-approval link but wasn't recommended anything.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My BF is an avid user of these forums, when we saw my score he had mentioned Chase pulls TU and EX. So he sent me the pre-approval link for Chase, I was recommended for Sapphire Preffered, Freedom, Slate, Etc. I app'd for the freedom because of the cash back rewards and was instantly approved for 2.5k. Smiley Happy I might get the sapphire preferred next year before I go on vacation.

Chase isn't exclusive to a single bureau like Barclays. Chase has pulled from all three for me on several occassions.

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Does AMEX pull TU? I tried the pre-approval link but wasn't recommended anything.

Amex pulls EX almost 99% exclusive.

I wouldn't worry about the pre-qual and if it's the everday or cash you want to just apply for it... you will be fine.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

AMEX pulls Experian.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the pre-qual and if it's the everday or cash you want to just apply for it... you will be fine.

But when I tried to purchase scorewatch with myfico, it said I didn't have an EQ data. I most likely don't have EX data than either right?

I just don't understand why I have a TU score but not EQ or EX.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

But when I tried to purchase scorewatch with myfico, it said I didn't have an EQ data. I most likely don't have EX data than either right?

I just don't understand why I have a TU score but not EQ or EX.

I think creditsesame uses EX data. Try that first if you're unsure.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.