Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the forum

tag
nursemaverick
New Visitor

New to the forum

Hi Guys!!! 

i've been reading a lot of success story from this forum and i want to be part of it. I filed for chapter 7 over a year ago and currently my equifax score as of 6.17.14 is 605. i have one secured credit card with credit line of 300. i make 92k a year but been really bad with my finances which totally wipe out my credit score. i just applied amex today and got denied Smiley Sad i should have known better not to do it but i pulled the trigger anyways. I'm still considering to do recon but i doubt they will consider my case. I never had amex before but in college i got approve but did not bother to send my paystub. anyhow, i really dont know where to start but my goal is to have 700s credit and AMEX and CHASE. i'll greatly appreciate any advice. thanks in advance!!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Re: New to the forum

Hello and welcome to the forums! 

First thing I would do is to check all your credit reports and look for any errors. Make sure accounts included in your bankruptcy show "IIB" with a $0 balance. If not, dispute it with the appropriate bureau. Adding a couple more cc's to your file would definately help. Capital One and Comenity tends to be BK friendly.  If you can get in Navy Federal, I would recommend them. Check out this thread Bankruptcy friendly credit cards Avoid applying for prime cards( i.e. AMEX and Chase) until your score improves and your BK ages. 

Good luck

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: New to the forum

Greetings & welcome to the forums!! 

When it comes to AMEX, yeah pretty much exclusively pull Experian & they usually do like to see a clean report, but...there are exceptions

I have one baddie on my EX report from Feb 09.  I had a student loan w/Dep of Edu & paid on time & the month I paid it off they marked it as a paid collection!  Disputed with all 3 bureaus & EQ & TU removed it & EX refused.

When I apped w/AMEX I got the # for their media review team & faxed in my proof (feb report...clean....March report...paid collection - Made no sense & they agreed)

Got approved.  I still think I'd wait a while before apping, but I'm just saying they have real people looking over your documents during the recon process.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.