Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this and looking for help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to this and looking for help

I am new to the forum and love all the great information it gives. I am hoping someone can shine some light and help me with advice. I am now rebuilding my credit-finally got out of the 500's. I only have a secured credit card and a VS CC but am looking to add more credit and higher limits. I do have 2 negative accounts that I am currently working on to get them off my reports. 

My scores are EQ 621; TU 645 AND Exp 636

Would the shopping cart trick work and if so which are the best ones? 

Thanks for the help. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: New to this and looking for help

You don't want to load up on a bunch of store cards.  There is a thread on the forums of the Comenity based credit cards that does the sct.  I would suggest you take a look at the Capital One pre qual and see what they have to offer you.  However, some get the SCT to work for them and others do not.  I have never gotten a pop for comenity cards, I have r3eceived a hp for each of their cards I have.  

GL

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree. I should not load up on tons of cards, I think I am looking for like 2 just to help build the credit and that are not HP. I have a Capital One secured CC that gave me a $300 increase in April. Would I still be able to apply for another type of Capital One CC? What about the Discover CC?

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would check cap1 pre-qual to see if they offer you unsecured and take that.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch! I just applied for the Capital One Quicksilver and it approved me for $500 and so did Amazon. Amazon then directed me to Discover so I applied for the Discover CC and it denied me Smiley Sad  but at least I made some improvement.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.