Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this country....need credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to this country....need credit

First of all, thank you everybody for your feedback and comments. They were very helpful and are helping me do things the right way. 

To help iwantbetter sleep better, I came from the wonderful terrorist harboring country of Canada.  Except for the fact that I got married to my beautiful wife, I didn't come here to "better" my life. Canada has a great standard of living with very happy people. Also, in Canada, I had a home, a car, credit cards, and a business. I do not have any of that anymore....not because I wanted freedom, but because I wanted my wife. Imagine having all that stripped from you because the country with the largest global trading can't set up a system to help people from around the globe. I'll stop that rant....this isn't a political forum.

Now as for my post headline "New to this country....need credit," I don't see it as suspicious, offensive, or anything of that nature. You need credit to get a job, get a cell-phone, buy big ticket items, and in this market...we want to get a house ASAP. I'm in a rush to get established so we can have a beautiful life together and have a home we can raise kids in.

You said "As with all marriages, you built on it.  Good credit comes from many things including your habits, planning and your goals in life and when you get married over time you both plan for long term dreams, goals and what you what to accomplish.  You do not simply get married and then try your hardest to get excellent credit over night."  Why not try to get good credit overnight (it will probably be a year though)? It's a "good habit that helps plan for long term dreams and goals!" Do you want me to be a freeloader? 

Anyways, I didn't come here to post my life story, I came here to become enlightened about FICO. Thank you for the contributors who helped accomplish this. Go 49ers, ketchup chips, Blackberry, and bring the Phoenix Coyotes to Toronto! Hockey isn't played in the desert.

Message 31 of 34
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

I sleep just fine, I don't believe I need any help in that area, but thank you. Now, if you would have posted on here what you just posted I would have been a big supporter for you and rallied on your behalf with hope and joy that you accomplish your goals with your lovely wife and I would have given you all of my knowledge that I could on how to achieve what you were asking.  However,  that is not how I viewed your portrayal of your initial posting.  Sorry, everyone entreprets and views things differently, even those of us who are from canada.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got off on the wrong foot iwantbettercredit. Let's be friends.
Message 33 of 34
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
We got off on the wrong foot iwantbettercredit. Let's be friends.

Ok, My Friend, you are right, life is to short , beside I do not want to be afraid of the comments awaiting me on myfico when I log on!!  Smiley Very Happy  Have a great evening!

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.