Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New twist on AMEX F/R

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: New twist on AMEX F/R

@dalebb wrote:

Stan the man? Haven't I seen u online (Google) that u work for a collection agency out of sparks, NV?

I never lived in Nevada, and I've never worked in the banking, finance, debt collection, insurance or any related industry. The closest I've ever come is that I applied for some jobs in the industry about 10 years ago, and was offered one (or more) -- but I didn't take it.

Message 21 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@android01 wrote:

@TM82 wrote:
Why not just shift around some credit lines? If you don't need the full 25k on the Delta move some f it to the Costco.

That's the plan.  I tried it a couple months ago, but the TE card was only 8 months old at the time (10 months now), and AMEX wouldn't permit it .  Something about the account needing to be open for a year or 13 months?   

Ah, so that's the timing. I thought it was six months.

I just got the polite "sorry" letter for the second time after trying to shift the CL's on my Costco and BCP.

What's odd is that apparently I'm eligible at six months to ask for a CLI, but it takes a year to rearrange credit that I already have.  Smiley Indifferent

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 24
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@TM82 wrote:
Why not just shift around some credit lines? If you don't need the full 25k on the Delta move some f it to the Costco.

That's the plan.  I tried it a couple months ago, but the TE card was only 8 months old at the time (10 months now), and AMEX wouldn't permit it .  Something about the account needing to be open for a year or 13 months?   

Ah, so that's the timing. I thought it was six months.

I just got the polite "sorry" letter for the second time after trying to shift the CL's on my Costco and BCP.

What's odd is that apparently I'm eligible at six months to ask for a CLI, but it takes a year to rearrange credit that I already have.  Smiley Indifferent

The 13 month thing makes me wonder if there is something buried in the CARD Act -- since it seems like it created a whole bunch of rules about the first year you have a credit card.

Message 23 of 24
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I don't think this is the same thing as FR in the way people normally speak of it.  In a strict sense, it is of course a financial review, but I was fairly certain I had read about this before in the context of CLIs.  I was able to find at least one thread where a person requested a CLI and they wanted to see documents with no account shut down.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Financial-Review/m-p/82005/highlight/true#M57068 

[fixed typo]

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.