cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (under 13 mnths old) Blue customers can now PC to Blue Cash Everyday?

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

New (under 13 mnths old) Blue customers can now PC to Blue Cash Everyday?

I inquired about a pc to Blue Cash Everyday and the Blue Cash Rebate. The reps emailed back informing me that my account, which was opened 3 months ago, is eligibile for a PC to both the Blue Cash Everyday and the old Blue Cash  Rebate. I emailed back asking them to change it to the Everyday and NOT the old rebate card. I got this response shortly after:

_______________________-

Good to hear from you again!

As you requested, I have now completed the transfer of your Card from a Blue Sky Card to a Blue Cash Everyday Card product. The Product Change will be effective on 05/31/2011.

You will see the change reflected on an upcoming billing statement. Your new Card should arrive within 7 to 10 business days. In the meantime, please feel free to continue using your old Card as usual.

There is no annual Membership Fee associated with your Blue Cash Everyday Card. 

Your Annual Percentage Rates will remain the same.

I hope this is useful info for some of those wanting to do a PC. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New (under 13 mnths old) Blue customers can now PC to Blue Cash Everyday?

Thats awesome, I really really want to PC my Blue Cash to the Blue Cash Preferred, I wonder if thats possible? Today is my 60th day with my Blue Cash and I just called in for a CLI and got it.

2000 to 6000, I think I'll wait a few weeks and call to see if I can PC, Thanks for this info!!

And Congratulations BTW!!!

Message 2 of 18
mahendra82
Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!!!!

I would shoot them an email instead of calling them. 

Edit: There is a law that forbids them to change you to a card that changes annual fees/APR within the 13 months. You may run into problems with this. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahendra82 wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!!!!!

I would shoot them an email instead of calling them. 

Edit: There is a law that forbids them to change you to a card that changes annual fees/APR within the 13 months. You may run into problems with this. 

Thank you!!!!

I may just wait a few months and app for the Preferred (again) I apped April 29th and was approved and the next day when I called to ask the CL I was told I can't be approved because I just apped for the Blue Cash 30 days prior, so they cancelled the app and sent a suppression to EX to have the inq removed (which it was) they told me to wait 90 days and app again.

Thanks again for your advice, I greatly appreciate it.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.

I just called and PC from the regular Blue to the Blue Cash Everyday.

I opened the acct on 3/26.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep easy peasy. My Blue Cash was opened in 2/11, and emailed them asking if I could PC to Blue Cash Everyday...got an email back saying absolutely, and to just reply back to confirm the change. Which I did.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sure was easy, after reading your post I immediately got on the phone and did the PC.

Thanks for sharing.

Message 7 of 18
mahendra82
Contributor

I'm happy to share! I've been calling them several times ever since they came out with the Everyday card. I was about to pull the trigger and app for a new one, but I reminded myself of the Citi Select AAdvantage card I just opened. I'm glad I waited and was patient enough to pester them for a PC!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your opinion, which is the better card, the Blue Cash, or Blue Cash Everyday? (from a rewards standpoint)

Message 9 of 18
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In your opinion, which is the better card, the Blue Cash, or Blue Cash Everyday? (from a rewards standpoint)

Depends on how much you spend.  For me, I reached the $6,500 cap in 2 months.  Now I get to enjoy 10 months of 5% on gas and groceries (I don't shop at drug stores) and 1.25% everywhere else.  For my current spending, after $10,000 spending,  I was sitting at 1.1% cash back.  From there that number can only go up!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.