09-12-2013 10:57 AM - edited 09-12-2013 11:39 AM
I've been searching and reading a lot for the past 4 days. Very useful forum and great people around here. Now I'm ready to start gardening since I just stopped my first app spree...
I have a short credit history and AAoA of a year, my history:
- My first credit card was a Capital One with a huge APR almost two years ago, it is the same nowadays but I called one week ago to request an upgrade to the Quicksilver Card and had also a CLI to $1K from $500.
- About a year ago I got approved for a regular AMEX Gold, then around the same time I got approved for the Apple Barclaycard to buy a Macbook Pro ($2K at that time, now $3.2K auto) and I am ready to pay off the balance ($900) by the end of this month.
- The same week I applied for the Amex card, I received a pre-qualified letter from Discover IT, decided to apply for it got denied.
- In January of this year, I got approved for a Chase Freedom with a CL of $1K (now auto to $1.2K)
I stopped there.
Now, my credit score went up to 738 (Credit Karma 8/13) and I decided (received a second letter from Discover) to apply for the Discover IT card (second try). I got approved for a CL of $4K!! I will use it to buy a TV with 0% APR (14 months).
I was so happy that decided to go for my first app spree:
- I needed a card for traveling rewards, got approved for the Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard - CL $3.5K
- I wanted to take advantage of a letter from Citi, got approved for the Diamond Preferred - CL $3K
- I wanted to take advantage of the Amazon financing, and got approved for the Amazon Store Card. I had to call GE since they needed to verify some info, they approved me and I heard for $4K... actually it was for $400
- I needed a card for daily purchases and supermarkets, so I got approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (still waiting for the card to arrive to discover the CL, any guess?)
I thought that was enough, too many inquires (except Amex) for just one week . Then I thought I could give it a try for the Amazon Chase Rewards card (yes, I use Amazon for almost everything), since I've been a Chase customer not only with the Freedom but also with banking. I had to call and got approved for $2K (more than my current Freedom CL).
Now before finally ending this app spree. I try my really last app with Best Buy Credit Card to take advantage of the 18 month financing, it went terribly wrong. My app was "declined" not denied (or it is the same?). I have spoken with two CSRs, they advise me to wait for the letter to arrive and then to call that number on the letter.
I don't know if the denial was because I just opened an account with Citi just two days ago and NOW they are managing apps for Best Buy?? Has anybody tried to recon with Citi?
My current FICO score is 701, of course it will go down a bit due to this HP in so little time.
Any advice for gardening? Advice with my last app?
09-12-2013 11:22 AM
Very nice spree, congratulations!
My 2 cents: No last app, go to the garden.
09-12-2013 11:32 AM
09-12-2013 12:19 PM
09-12-2013 12:32 PM - edited 09-12-2013 12:32 PM
I did the app thru BB website, it is know managed by Citi. I will try to recon since I think it was a HP. I got approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred on 9/10, my BB app was yesterday afternoon.
09-12-2013 12:35 PM
Congrats on a nice set of approvals!
I got approved for a Citi Diamond Preferred last year and was able to take advantage of the 18 months 0% APR intro rate. It's worked out very well for me. Did you get the same or similar offer? Enjoy your new card!
09-12-2013 09:30 PM
Congrats, OP, on the app spree! Now run to the Garden! Hehehe
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.