Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New walmart Synchrony Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New walmart Synchrony Card

I just got approved for $800 on walmart synchrony card, after hearing mutliple people bragging on synchrony. I was wondering how long I should wait before requesting a credit limit increase??

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: New walmart Synchrony Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got approved for $800 on walmart synchrony card, after hearing mutliple people bragging on synchrony. I was wondering how long I should wait before requesting a credit limit increase??

Congrats on your approval!

Some folks are successful in getting a CLI right after approval by calling Credit Solutions, but others have to wait a few months.  It mostly depends on your individual stats, and your TU score in particular.

Again, congrats!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them now. Ask for, say $15k...see what you get

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the encouragement! I called and tried, but was denied. Smiley Sad  I will wait a few months and try again. Do you think 3 mths? or 6?

Equifax- 665

Transunion - 636

experian - 661

Message 4 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the encouragement! I called and tried, but was denied. Smiley Sad  I will wait a few months and try again. Do you think 3 mths? or 6?

Equifax- 665

Transunion - 636

experian - 661

Hey, no harm, no foul... keep your chin up!

Just put some usage through it, and in three or four months you can give it another try.  Keep in mind that they go by your TU score, so you can let your TU improvement be your guide to a degree. 

Again, the worst that can happen is they say 'no'!  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 28
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Honestly, if you use this card and pay it on time, your limit will go up pretty fast. I have never had luck asking for a CLI, but I get quite a few auto CLI's.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started w/ a $300 cl and in 2 yrs im at $3,000 and just got approved last week for the walmart mc $5,000 cl... just takes time , they probably will give cli after 3 months just the 1st time and every 6 mo after. I usually carry a balance on mine and i still get increases regularly. As long as you make on time pmts your good. I usually make 3 times the min. Pmts twice a month on all my cards, when you pay more than min pmts it shows them that you can handle more credit.

Congrats on card and welcome to the wally world family.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax- 665

Transunion - 636

experian - 661

scooter3  Synchrony will use your TU score when considering CLI.  As your score increases do go back and request a CLI.  It is a soft inquiry everytime!  Your card will grow.  Congrats to you!

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just received a CLI on my cap one card from $500-$1500. So that with $800 wal-mart card should boost score right?
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should, depending on your AAoA and how the new Walmart card affects it
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.