cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New years resolution about to be broken!!!!

tag
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Re: New years resolution about to be broken!!!!

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"I have been wanting a "real" credit card for about 3 years. I currently have three cap1's, orchard bank, and a credit union cc (just got this one two months ago)"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP:  I'm curious w'hy you don't consider Cap One to be a "real" credit card?  I have a Platinum card from them and considering I don't bank with them or give them any business (savings, etc.) , they've given me a generous CL.  IMHO it is a real credit card.

My guess would be that you have the platinum card with a generous CL, and the OP has the lower rebuilder cards. If you have excellent credit, Cap One does give you a nice CL. But if you are in the process of rebuilding, then you will get the lower CL cards from Cap One. These are the type of cards that will probably never reach a CL that you may have with your platinum card. Thats my guess. I have two Cap One cards, one secured. The other is unsecured with a low limit and is in the credit steps program. So it is a real credit card, just a low CL rebuilder card that will be closed once I qualify for higher limit cards.

When i started rebuiling my score was around 520 and i was able to get credit accounts with credit one, imagine (now tribute), and first national bank. After about 6 months i was able to get my orchard bank cc with a starting limit of $300. I then waited until my fico score got to about 560, then i applied for the capital one classic platinum mastercard with a starting limit of $200 (39 annaul fee) with credit steps. That card is now at $500. After receiving my first credit step increase I then applied for the cap one cash rewards cc with a starting limit of $500 with credit steps also. Up until around november of last year these were my cc accounts.  I guess since i opened the capital one accounts with a bad fico score i didnt view them as "real" cc 's.  Dont get me wrong i love capital one, they were the only company who gave me a decent credit card with a bad score. If you treat them right they will return the favor (but i guess that goes for any creditor Smiley Very Happy)I guess when i look at the big picture my cap one accounts arent to shabby. I recently was able to get the Cap one sony visa with no annual fee, which i love btw Smiley Very Happy.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.