Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NewEgg Credit line and SP questions

tag
RBFool
Contributor

NewEgg Credit line and SP questions

Hey all,

I'm looking at wanting to get a new system from newegg (cheapest for what I want) and I'm trying to figure out how to do this. I don't want a hard pull as I'm in the garden. I found out that they have what they're calling a "preferred account". From what I can tell is that if you have a newegg account you apply for this using the last 4 of you social (which automatically means SP, right?) and then they give you a answer.

If you look at the link: https://newegg.mypreferredaccount.com/index.xhtml it has BillMeLater in the upper right hand corder but it has Comenity Capital Bank at the footer of the page. My questions:

1. This is just another Comenity line, right? So the last 4 is like a pop up, only pretty static?

2. When should I SP? Should I wait until my express ages next month (just got it a couple days ago) or wait until my 2nd statement posts? Does it matter if I SP before either one of those?

I'm not 100% sure what info they see when they SP so I don't know if it matters etc.

Any info would be helpful! Thanks all!

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NewEgg Credit line and SP questions

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

I'm looking at wanting to get a new system from newegg (cheapest for what I want) and I'm trying to figure out how to do this. I don't want a hard pull as I'm in the garden. I found out that they have what they're calling a "preferred account". From what I can tell is that if you have a newegg account you apply for this using the last 4 of you social (which automatically means SP, right?) and then they give you a answer.

If you look at the link: https://newegg.mypreferredaccount.com/index.xhtml it has BillMeLater in the upper right hand corder but it has Comenity Capital Bank at the footer of the page. My questions:

1. This is just another Comenity line, right? So the last 4 is like a pop up, only pretty static?

2. When should I SP? Should I wait until my express ages next month (just got it a couple days ago) or wait until my 2nd statement posts? Does it matter if I SP before either one of those?

I'm not 100% sure what info they see when they SP so I don't know if it matters etc.

A new TL will reset your gardening clock.  If a sp approval is the main reason you want to go with NewEgg, once approved, you will be a new seedling again 

Message 2 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

I looked at the App and they ask for my full social so it will probably be a HP no?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 16
RBFool
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

A new TL will reset your gardening clock.  If a sp approval is the main reason you want to go with NewEgg, once approved, you will be a new seedling again 

Bubble burster Smiley Sad I wanted a SP because it's less harsh than a HP of course and wouldn't count against my inqus. I forgot on the new TL that I'd have to start over... Hmm may be worth it if I could get it on a SP.

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651

Message 4 of 16
RBFool
Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

I looked at the App and they ask for my full social so it will probably be a HP no?

Really? 

https://newegg.mypreferredaccount.com/registration/index.xhtml

It shows only last 4 ssn on my form.

Message 5 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@RBFool wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

Bubble burster Smiley Sad I wanted a SP because it's less harsh than a HP of course and wouldn't count against my inqus. I forgot on the new TL that I'd have to start over... Hmm may be worth it if I could get it on a SP.

Yes it counts as far as gardening is concerned but if it's a new TL that you need- I think it's the best way to go.   

Message 6 of 16
RBFool
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

Yes it counts as far as gardening is concerned but if it's a new TL that you need- I think it's the best way to go.   

So If I'm SPing the new TL, what can they see? Would it be in my best interest to wait until Sept when my express posts (comendity card) and my Cap 1 should show up on my CR by then. Or should I try it now?

Message 7 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@RBFool wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

Really? 

https://newegg.mypreferredaccount.com/registration/index.xhtml

It shows only last 4 ssn on my form.

Yeah for me it shows I need my whole SS number.

I don't have any Comenity cards so maybe that is why?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@RBFool wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

So If I'm SPing the new TL, what can they see? Would it be in my best interest to wait until Sept when my express posts (comendity card) and my Cap 1 should show up on my CR by then. Or should I try it now?

As far as approval chances, I'm not as familiar with NewEgg. Your recent bk dismissal may be a big concern. 

Message 9 of 16
RBFool
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@RBFool wrote:

Hey all,

As far as approval chances, I'm not as familiar with NewEgg. Your recent bk dismissal may be a big concern. 

You're just full of good news today Lexie! No, I appreciate the information. You're right of course. I have to be reminded of it because I've moved on, so I think the world should as well Smiley Happy . Although it's a SP and apparently not everybody is seeing it, I think may be worth it. I got a few things to take care of at work so I have about 30mins to think about when I should app with the SP. Although if not everybody is seeing it, should I risk losing the ability to do a SP?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.