Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb with question about Walmart CLI

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newb with question about Walmart CLI

You might try applying for.amazon store card... it has the same 0% interest that the wal mart card has. Other than that; charging things on the card and paying it off in spring isn't a great idea especially since your available credit line is small.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 16
sunnysideup
Established Member

Actually, I have an Amazon store card.  Limit is about the same.  Would it be worth it to try and get a CLI on it?  It's not very much older than the Walmart card though.  I was really hoping to be able to get what I needed at one place, and I was hoping to have enough credit by Thanksgiving so I can catch the sales. 

Message 12 of 16
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@sunnysideup wrote:

The man was so kind and nice.  I asked.  The man said it would take a few minutes to check on it, and put me on hold.  And the answer?  *drum roll*  Denied....will get a letter in the mail.  I guess that is to be expected.  I will definitely try back in December and see if I have better luck. 

thanks for the post sorry about the denial but, the card will grow with you! Best of luck!

Message 13 of 16
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I got denied too recently, but will try again right before black friday. They have a tv for 60" tv for 688 and they sent me 2 0% offers, one for 18 months and one for 12 months. Of course I'd pay it off in 25% of that time but it'll be nice to get it for 0%

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 16
sunnysideup
Established Member

jordanmedical - that is one of the things I had my eye on!  I will try again a few days before Black Friday, but I may not depending on what they say in the letter....might be something I need to fix on my credit report that I don't know about.  Good luck to you!  Please post back here if you have luck....then I will know to try again too.  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I opened my walmart in may CL $500 and got auto increased in Aug from $500-$900.. i called last month for another increase.. asked for $3k.. they only approved $2k... i'll take it... i asked a few times already to get it to $5k but no luck.. i think Imma ask one more time early december or maybe on black friday.... they are very good on increasing limits, but I think it also depends on your credit and who you speak with...

I also read on another board that you can request increases every 30 days with GE.... I'm not sure if it's true.... but I got an auto increase on my gap card on my 3rd statement (opened in july with limit of $200 to $1k)... then i called two weeks after and requested for 3k and got it....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.