cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie CL question

tag
jessiej

Newbie CL question

First post here so be gentle please. I'm new to the credit game and opened my first card (discover) in November. I opened my other accounts all within the last 6 months.

I'm wondering why my Old Navy limit is so low, compared to the rest. As for the redcard, I regret getting it after reading all the reviews here. Will is hurt to SD the target card since they rarley give CLI anyway? 

Discover- $3200
Barclay Visa- $1700
amazon- $1400
walmart- $1000
old navy-$200
target-$200

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie CL question

GE cards like Old Navy gives CLI's after about 4 months, you may have to request it on the site, you can also check the backdoor number sticky and call GE credit solutions. Even without calling if you use the card and make all your payments it will grow unless you have other baddies. You can even get CLI's with balances reported. My GE cards except for my paypal card ($2k) started at less than a $1000, they are now all over $3000 CL, oldest GE card is 25 months. Newest is 9 months old, the Sam's Club store card, that got a $4000 CLI as its first CLI at 6 months of age.  Just takes time and a few requests if you are impatient and/or bored you can call the credit solutions number.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.