Did you mean: 

Newbie - My quick credit story after bankruptcy and a question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie - My quick credit story after bankruptcy and a question

@aussiesareforever wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I work for a cc company and what most people don't understand is the cli is not being based upon repayment history, income, and credit scores as they once were. The banks have tightened up significantly and to minimize risk are no longer offering increases to those who would normally qualify. The company I work for hasn't offered increases in the past year and a half whether you are a prime or non-prime card holder. Also you mention having some higher limits on many cards, if you don't have an annual income that shows your ability to repay if you max out this could also affect your chances of cli's. Ultimately each bank's risk strategy is different and you may be better off calling in and seeing what the current criteria/policies on cli's are at the different institutions.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I am going to take a wild guess and say that you work for Capital One Smiley Happy

Nah... if they worked for Cap1 then it would say.  The company I work for never, ever... never ever ever ever... gives CLIs, prime, subprime, promise your first born, last born, they do not care!

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.