Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie no longer a lurker here.....

tag
porfidio1

Newbie no longer a lurker here.....

Hi Everyone,

Happy to say I'm no longer a lurker here, and want to ask questions as well as contribute.  I will admit, I have learned a TON of things in the last few months reading posts.  We (wife and I) have come a long ways from hitting rock bottom, closing our business, lost our home, filed a BK7, moved a to a few states chasing the right job.  I have taken a lot of tips and advice, opened multiple new cards/trade lines recently, got the numbers to the 700 range.  But, still have a long ways to go.  Pissed off Amex, Chase, Citi, WaMu, US Bank, BOA and probably a few I have forgotten, but I am sure they won't have forgotten me. 

What have I learned?  My CU is my best friend.  Several car loans, visa, signature loans all after bk.  Then slowly, Cap1 ($700 with recent cli to $2250), Barclays MC $1500, Ashley Furniture $3000, CFNA (firestone tires $800 then cli to $1200), HSN $1500, Chevron/Texaco $500, Travelocity AmEx $1500, etc.

I have learned to live within our means, love my wifes cooking vs eating out, and am happy driving a paid off 10 year old car.

Need some time to get some inquiries off.  No issues since 2/2010 when BK was discharged.  $82000 income.  Really want a nice Chase card, as well as an AmEx (BCE or even Costco for the cash back).  Hoping to save a few more nickels and buy a home next year.

OK...enough about me Smiley Happy  Thanks to everyone!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Newbie no longer a lurker here.....

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, you'll no longer lurk. I enjoy reading stories like yours. For rebuilders, it's refreshing to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep up the good work!
Message 2 of 4
missjae
Established Contributor

Welcome. Congrats on the rebuilding. You've come a long way.
Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Well its about time you came in from the outside (lurker) Smiley LOL

You're off to a great start keep it up

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.