Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Newbie rebuilding..what next?

No question, I'd choose USAA over Wells. They are much more user-friendly and lower fees, etc. Since you're lucky to qualify for full m'ship, that's the way to go. They are conservative for CCs, but so is Wells. And a secured CC w/them would be 2nd best only to Navy. But you could have 4 mos more credit history by the time you can join Navy, so I'd go ahead and join USAA (no HP) and app for a CC. I believe that you could either app for a secured CC, or app for a regular one, and they'll counter if you're not approved. Talk w/their CC dept. to be sure. Good luck! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Regular Contributor
sbeasl11

Re: Newbie rebuilding..what next?

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. Good to know I really don't need a second retail card (for scoing purposes). I will work hard on getting those baddies off via GW letters. Still would like to get the free monthly TU score with that Wal-Mart card....will try to resist applying for it though. The original denial was before I got the CC. Time to get busy pestering Midland & Calvary Portfolio.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}