Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie with basic credit card questions

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie with basic credit card questions

@Anonymous wrote:

"Hmm, I hope the OP only uses this book as a suggestion, not rule. I looked it up on Amazon, and not only is 720 not the "ideal" credit score (760 is ideal when talking best rates, etc.) But the comment on the cover says "Almost overnight my score jumped from a 0 to a 718". LOL There is no such thing as a 0 score. :smileylol:"

Who/what is the OP? And what book are you talking about. Being able to return your credit score to 720 w/in 12-24 mos after bankruptcy discharge doesn't happen all the time.  I'll stick with the videos that he assigns and the homework as he assigns it, the weekly lessons and Q/A.

OP = opening poster / original poster = you in this case.

Please refer to http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/m-p/1384075#M9218 for some helpful info.

I wish you all the best for your credit rebuilding. Do not depend on only one source of information. Gather as much information as possible, and decide what's best for you. 

People have rebound from financial crisis, I'm sure you'll be able to build a strong credit profile yourself. 

Message 21 of 22
nightglider
Regular Contributor

Re: Newbie with basic credit card questions

@Anonymous wrote:

"Hmm, I hope the OP only uses this book as a suggestion, not rule. I looked it up on Amazon, and not only is 720 not the "ideal" credit score (760 is ideal when talking best rates, etc.) But the comment on the cover says "Almost overnight my score jumped from a 0 to a 718". LOL There is no such thing as a 0 score. :smileylol:"

Who/what is the OP? And what book are you talking about. Being able to return your credit score to 720 w/in 12-24 mos after bankruptcy discharge doesn't happen all the time.  I'll stick with the videos that he assigns and the homework as he assigns it, the weekly lessons and Q/A.

OP mean Original Poster. In this thread, it's referring to you.

As far as Philip Tirone's products, I have no experience and so I cannot comment on the quality. I can, however, say that you can get all the knowledge you need regarding credit from these forums at no cost but time.

ETA: Ok, Goshida beat me to it.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.