Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newegg Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newegg Card

Uggh...dont tell me this. It all sounds bad.

I just applied because I like Newegg and found a great deal on a Surface Pro.  I figured i could take advantage of a the 0% financing.  I got a $1200 limit....my lowest limit on a card.  Engouh for my purchase but it puts me at $73% UTI. So I called for a CLI and go totally shot down...not a penny above.  I cerntialy hope they dont do two hard pulls for new accounts.  I also was hoping since its Synchrony Bank they do soft pull CLI.  My Amazon card has grown very quickly.

Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Uggh...dont tell me this. It all sounds bad.

I just applied because I like Newegg and found a great deal on a Surface Pro.  I figured i could take advantage of a the 0% financing.  I got a $1200 limit....my lowest limit on a card.  Engouh for my purchase but it puts me at $73% UTI. So I called for a CLI and go totally shot down...not a penny above.  I cerntialy hope they dont do two hard pulls for new accounts.  I also was hoping since its Synchrony Bank they do soft pull CLI.  My Amazon card has grown very quickly.

From what I've read, Newegg seems to be one of the Synchrony 'outliers' that's not handled by Credit Solutions and all CLIs are a HP, similar to Care Credit.

Amazon, on the other hand, is one of the cards handled by Credit Solutions, and most CLIs are only a SP. 

I still have yet to figure out why Synchrony doesn't treat all of their accounts the same, especially the ones attached to a retail partner (i.e. Newegg).

Message 12 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Pep boys is the same, not part of Sync that gets credit solutions, fyi. The " outliers's" seem much harder to get clis. If all Sync cards were like these ,probably be less problemsSmiley Wink, everyone would be stuck with like Citi Dc sls Smiley Happy lol
Message 13 of 14
CBetc
Contributor

I really wish they hadn't stepped away from their previous "account" service with BillMeLater/PayPal... 

Aside from whatever one wants out of credit reporting with it, I actually found the deals on that account to be much greater. Had it for about 10 years before they did their switch over. Working in IT, I was always doing random purchases here and there either for work or for myself, and the 6/12/18 months-no-interest was great. Combined with a $4K credit line and it not reporting on any of the agencies, it was an account I actually *used* a lot.

I already have too many cards as it is so didn't feel the need to sign up for another one. The few times I purchase goods, I'll just use one of my Rewards or CB cards nowadays and live without the interest-free financing. More often than not, though, I'll get parts through Amazon for the convenience, unless there's just a super amazing NewEgg deal.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.