Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest USAA Member

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Newest USAA Member

I am now a full member of USAA.  But the sad part is they do not offer auto insurance to FL residence.  That was my purpose for trying to become a full member.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

@DI wrote:

I am now a full member of USAA.  But the sad part is they do not offer auto insurance to FL residence.  That was my purpose for trying to become a full member.

Are you positve of this? I have gotten a few quotes from them for Auto ... They do not offer Home owners in florida .

On a side note .. I just got another quote from them for a florida Auto insurance policy.

Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was aware they seriously limited Home, fire and renters insurane in Florida, but was unaware they had issues with Auto.

Message 3 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 

They definitely offer auto insurance in Florida. But, according to the USAA website, if your father didn't have USAA insurance products, then you are, indeed, restricted from acquiring auto & home owners insurance. You can still obtain life insurance, however. You can also have banking products, some credit cards (YMMV on which ones), and investment products.

BTW- what branch of the service did your dad serve in?

Message 5 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

They definitely offer auto insurance in Florida. But, according to the USAA website, if your father didn't have USAA insurance products, then you are, indeed, restricted from acquiring auto & home owners insurance. You can still obtain life insurance, however. You can also have banking products, some credit cards (YMMV on which ones), and investment products.

BTW- what branch of the service did your dad serve in?

Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

Message 6 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

Can a cousin gain full membership if I add them to mines?

Message 7 of 45
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I do not think so. Only immediate family.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:
Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

How'd you manage that? Their customer service told me that since the original referring member (my mother-in-law) has never had insurance from them, we can't get insurance either. And since USAA's insurance rates are and have always been higher than whomever she goes through, she has no interest in considering their insurance products. When I was asking about it I was put on hold for a few minutes while they contacted someone else and and then came and told me the only way we'd be able to access insurance services from USAA was if my mother-in-law signed up for insurance from them first - which isn't happening. Did you find a way around that?

Message 9 of 45
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

All DI does is win. ; )
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.