All DI does is win. ; )

LOL  +1

Message 11 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:
Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

How'd you manage that? Their customer service told me that since the original referring member (my mother-in-law) has never had insurance from them, we can't get insurance either. And since USAA's insurance rates are and have always been higher than whomever she goes through, she has no interest in considering their insurance products. When I was asking about it I was put on hold for a few minutes while they contacted someone else and and then came and told me the only way we'd be able to access insurance services from USAA was if my mother-in-law signed up for insurance from them first - which isn't happening. Did you find a way around that?

I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked. 

Message 12 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

AndyK

Your referring member could possibly insure with minimun coverage a very old car that sits in the yard for 6 months and later cancel it.    But that's not the way I got eligible though. 

Message 13 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

AndyK

Your referring member could possibly insure with minimun coverage a very old car that sits in the yard for 6 months and later cancel it.    But that's not the way I got eligible though. 

I guess that would be an option, but when I talked to them Thursday about it they had zero interest in USAA's insurance. They have everything insured through State Farm and they get all the multi-car/multi-product/multi-line discounts from there so it just doesn't make any sense for them to get insurance (even temporarily) from anywhere else.

Oh well, shame USAA has to be strict about it. Their rates don't seem that bad to me, but in addition to that insurance (or insurance eligibility) is required for the Deposit@Home feature, so I guess that's another thing I'll miss out on.

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked. 

What does this mean? Admittedly, my memory can be sketchy at times, but the only locked threads and upset members, with regard to access & eligibility that I recall have resulted from discussions of dishonesty and fraud. Are you trying to imply that you did something dishonest, or unethical to gain access to USAA insurance products?

Message 15 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

What does this mean? Admittedly, my memory can be sketchy at times, but the only locked threads and upset members, with regard to access & eligibility that I recall have resulted from discussions of dishonesty and fraud. Are you trying to imply that you did something dishonest, or unethical to gain access to USAA insurance products?

I'm not implying anything!!!   I'm not going there with you again.  When I posted that message, I had you in mind.   So if you think I once again did something fraudulent, please lock this thread too. 

Message 16 of 45
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I think you have the correct thread in mind LilMirth.
Message 17 of 45
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Im sure quite a few people would love to know how you got them to give you insurance . So please share with us! Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
I think you have the correct thread in mind LilMirth.

Lock it!!

Message 19 of 45
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I was looking into USAA's secured Amex, but I believe it's only available for members that are also eligible for insurance. I wonder if DI's method would work for that.
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.