Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest USAA Member

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

@-Cain- wrote:
I was looking into USAA's secured Amex, but I believe it's only available for members that are also eligible for insurance. I wonder if DI's method would work for that.

Please do not jade my thread.  I am an eligible member for all of  USAA's products.   Plus, my credit is good enough to not need a secured AMEX card from them. 

Message 21 of 45
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

: )

Stay classy San Diego.
Message 22 of 45
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Kind of bummed that you wont tell us how you got them to give you insurance. You said Your dad never had insurance products and the website plainly states

Individuals whose parents are or were USAA members may also be eligible for USAA membership.

Individuals must be 18 years or older to purchase products in their own name. Individuals under the age of 18 are insured as family members on their eligible parents2 auto or property insurance policies.

The following products are available to individuals whose parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy:

• All Insurance Products
  • All Banking Products
  • All Investment Products
  • All Shopping & Services Discounts

If your parents did not own a USAA auto or property insurance policy, certain USAA products are still available to you. See the Other Individuals section for more details.

USAA's investment products, most checking and savings products, credit cards, life insurance, and shopping and discounts are available to other individuals.

USAA auto and property insurance is not available due to membership eligibility requirements. New Hampshire and North Carolina residents who are not eligible for membership may be able to obtain USAA auto insurance by calling 1-800-531-USAA (8722) to determine eligibility as defined by these state's mandatory coverage laws.

All other individuals not eligible for USAA auto insurance may be able to obtain an auto policy through Progressive Insurance by calling

Myself i got lucky with the wife having USAA as her very first insurance company through her dad when she got her first car.

Message 23 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:

Kind of bummed that you wont tell us how you got them to give you insurance. You said Your dad never had insurance products and the website plainly states

I  have other family members  that are currently serving in the military with auto insurance. 

Message 24 of 45
BoSox617
Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Woolfman wrote:

I  have other family members  that are currently serving in the military with auto insurance. 

I am confused, which other family relation allows one to validly obtain USAA car insurance (i.e. brother, cousin, etc.)?  USAA’s website notes a parental requirement, am I missing something?

You stated that you “got in” through your dad, but you indicated that your dad never had insurance through USAA.  So that leaves mom - but if she were a USAA insurance-carrying member, you logically would have joined through her.

Message 25 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

I'm a  full member and have auto insurance with them.  Enough said.   You all can have this thread and continue to puzzle your brains.  This is my last post on this.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 45
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

DI, you want everyone to know how smart and clever you are when you get all these companies to do all these things for you, why get mad when someone asks how?
Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
DI, you want everyone to know how smart and clever you are when you get all these companies to do all these things for you, why get mad when someone asks how?

At some point you need to know when to detach from someone's posts.

On the internet  no one knows if you are a dog. 

Or what you are posting is the truth, the whole tructh and nothing but the truth.

I myself must admit my skepticism if some in the information sharing swapping aspect of the board will not reveal the whole story behind a claim.

Message 28 of 45
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My one and only comment about this.

In August of 2009 DI you claimed to be a member of USAA.. You said then: I was allowed to become a member moments ago. I received a membership number.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

My one and only comment about this.

In August of 2009 DI you claimed to be a member of USAA.. You said then: I was allowed to become a member moments ago. I received a membership number.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

on the internet, no one knows you are a dog.

but past posts can help.

Do I smell some pants on fire somewhere?

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.