Did you mean: 

Newest USAA Member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newest USAA Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked. 

What does this mean? Admittedly, my memory can be sketchy at times, but the only locked threads and upset members, with regard to access & eligibility that I recall have resulted from discussions of dishonesty and fraud. Are you trying to imply that you did something dishonest, or unethical to gain access to USAA insurance products?

Wouldn't be the first time.

Message 41 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked. 

What does this mean? Admittedly, my memory can be sketchy at times, but the only locked threads and upset members, with regard to access & eligibility that I recall have resulted from discussions of dishonesty and fraud. Are you trying to imply that you did something dishonest, or unethical to gain access to USAA insurance products?

Wouldn't be the first time.

And won't be the last since you both are so inclined to think I committed fraud. 

Message 42 of 45
BoSox617
Contributor

@DI wrote:

And won't be the last since you both are so inclined to think I committed fraud. 

DI, you introduced the concept of fraud here.  You established that you are not eligible for USAA insurance products, and when questioned about how you eventually gained access, you refused to provide details.  In fact, your initial response was “I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked.”

The situation you refer to is one in which some folks were upset because you fraudulently gained access to a CU, and posted about it in the credit forum.  In this post, folks were “reminded” that discussing and encouraging fraud is against the TOS.  So if this USAA insurance venture were truly “on the level”, why did you reference this other incident?   Apparently there is a common theme.   You evidently enjoy providing minute-by-minute details on other credit ventures you embark on, so why is this one different?  It appears you’re either lying about obtaining insurance in the first place, or you (again) chose to commit fraud.  You now appear to believe that keeping the details to yourself, or inviting folks to gain the details via PMs, somehow makes it “OK”.  It doesn’t. 

If you post something in a public forum, you are inviting folks to question or comment.  If you’re defensive about the details, then perhaps the subject belongs in the “to yourself” category.  Attempting to halt discussion by saying “This is the credit card forum not insurance” is weak – you are the one who introduced the subject of insurance in the credit forum. 

Message 43 of 45
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

@BoSox617 wrote:

@DI wrote:

DI, you introduced the concept of fraud here.  You established that you are not eligible for USAA insurance products, and when questioned about how you eventually gained access, you refused to provide details.  In fact, your initial response was “I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked.”

The situation you refer to is one in which some folks were upset because you fraudulently gained access to a CU, and posted about it in the credit forum.  In this post, folks were “reminded” that discussing and encouraging fraud is against the TOS.  So if this USAA insurance venture were truly “on the level”, why did you reference this other incident?   Apparently there is a common theme.   You evidently enjoy providing minute-by-minute details on other credit ventures you embark on, so why is this one different?  It appears you’re either lying about obtaining insurance in the first place, or you (again) chose to commit fraud.  You now appear to believe that keeping the details to yourself, or inviting folks to gain the details via PMs, somehow makes it “OK”.  It doesn’t. 

If you post something in a public forum, you are inviting folks to question or comment.  If you’re defensive about the details, then perhaps the subject belongs in the “to yourself” category.  Attempting to halt discussion by saying “This is the credit card forum not insurance” is weak – you are the one who introduced the subject of insurance in the credit forum. 

+1000

Message 44 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

Getting my father to purchase insurance on a parked car to make me eligible isn't fraud.    I posted that suggestion to a member.  But I also told the member that's not how I became eligible.   I said that to deter others from trying to do the same.    I rather for people to figure things out like myself for themselves.    Thank you all for your comments.  If I offended anyone I am truly sorry. 

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.