Super Contributor
DI

Newest USAA Member

I am now a full member of USAA.  But the sad part is they do not offer auto insurance to FL residence.  That was my purpose for trying to become a full member.

Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

Re: Newest USAA Member

[ Edited ]

DI wrote:

I am now a full member of USAA.  But the sad part is they do not offer auto insurance to FL residence.  That was my purpose for trying to become a full member.

Are you positve of this? I have gotten a few quotes from them for Auto ... They do not offer Home owners in florida .

On a side note .. I just got another quote from them for a florida Auto insurance policy.

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

Valued Contributor
usmc58555

[ Edited ]

I was aware they seriously limited Home, fire and renters insurane in Florida, but was unaware they had issues with Auto.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Super Contributor
DI

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

DI wrote:

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 

They definitely offer auto insurance in Florida. But, according to the USAA website, if your father didn't have USAA insurance products, then you are, indeed, restricted from acquiring auto & home owners insurance. You can still obtain life insurance, however. You can also have banking products, some credit cards (YMMV on which ones), and investment products.

BTW- what branch of the service did your dad serve in?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Super Contributor
DI

LilMirth wrote:

DI wrote:

They definitely offer auto insurance in Florida. But, according to the USAA website, if your father didn't have USAA insurance products, then you are, indeed, restricted from acquiring auto & home owners insurance. You can still obtain life insurance, however. You can also have banking products, some credit cards (YMMV on which ones), and investment products.

BTW- what branch of the service did your dad serve in?

Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

Super Contributor
DI

Can a cousin gain full membership if I add them to mines?

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

I do not think so. Only immediate family.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Established Contributor
AndyK

DI wrote:
Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

How'd you manage that? Their customer service told me that since the original referring member (my mother-in-law) has never had insurance from them, we can't get insurance either. And since USAA's insurance rates are and have always been higher than whomever she goes through, she has no interest in considering their insurance products. When I was asking about it I was put on hold for a few minutes while they contacted someone else and and then came and told me the only way we'd be able to access insurance services from USAA was if my mother-in-law signed up for insurance from them first - which isn't happening. Did you find a way around that?

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
-Cain-

All DI does is win. ; )

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 734 11/2012 (PSECU), TU98 695 9/2012
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}