cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest USAA Member

Super Contributor

Newest USAA Member

I am now a full member of USAA.  But the sad part is they do not offer auto insurance to FL residence.  That was my purpose for trying to become a full member.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member


DI wrote:

I am now a full member of USAA.  But the sad part is they do not offer auto insurance to FL residence.  That was my purpose for trying to become a full member.


Are you positve of this? I have gotten a few quotes from them for Auto ... They do not offer Home owners in florida .

 

 

 

On a side note .. I just got another quote from them for a florida Auto insurance policy.

Message 2 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

I was aware they seriously limited Home, fire and renters insurane in Florida, but was unaware they had issues with Auto.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Message 3 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 

Message 4 of 45
Moderator Emerita

Re: Newest USAA Member


DI wrote:

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 


They definitely offer auto insurance in Florida. But, according to the USAA website, if your father didn't have USAA insurance products, then you are, indeed, restricted from acquiring auto & home owners insurance. You can still obtain life insurance, however. You can also have banking products, some credit cards (YMMV on which ones), and investment products.

 

BTW- what branch of the service did your dad serve in?

-------------------------------------------


Friendly, Supportive & Respectful


Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources


"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Message 5 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member


LilMirth wrote:

DI wrote:

I think they do offer auto insurance in Florida.  It may be an eligibility problem with my account.  My dad didn't have any insurance products with them. 


They definitely offer auto insurance in Florida. But, according to the USAA website, if your father didn't have USAA insurance products, then you are, indeed, restricted from acquiring auto & home owners insurance. You can still obtain life insurance, however. You can also have banking products, some credit cards (YMMV on which ones), and investment products.

 

BTW- what branch of the service did your dad serve in?



Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

Message 6 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

Can a cousin gain full membership if I add them to mines?

Message 7 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

I do not think so. Only immediate family.

 

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 45
Established Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member


DI wrote:
Thanks, LilMirth!  My father served in the Army National Guard.  I was able to get auto insurance.   I signed-up this morning. 

How'd you manage that? Their customer service told me that since the original referring member (my mother-in-law) has never had insurance from them, we can't get insurance either. And since USAA's insurance rates are and have always been higher than whomever she goes through, she has no interest in considering their insurance products. When I was asking about it I was put on hold for a few minutes while they contacted someone else and and then came and told me the only way we'd be able to access insurance services from USAA was if my mother-in-law signed up for insurance from them first - which isn't happening. Did you find a way around that?

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Message 9 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: Newest USAA Member

All DI does is win. ; )

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 45