Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Newest USAA Member


LilMirth wrote:

DI wrote:
 

I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked. 


What does this mean? Admittedly, my memory can be sketchy at times, but the only locked threads and upset members, with regard to access & eligibility that I recall have resulted from discussions of dishonesty and fraud. Are you trying to imply that you did something dishonest, or unethical to gain access to USAA insurance products?


 

Wouldn't be the first time.

IAALBNYL
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Newest USAA Member


O6 wrote:

LilMirth wrote:

DI wrote:
 

I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked. 


What does this mean? Admittedly, my memory can be sketchy at times, but the only locked threads and upset members, with regard to access & eligibility that I recall have resulted from discussions of dishonesty and fraud. Are you trying to imply that you did something dishonest, or unethical to gain access to USAA insurance products?


 

Wouldn't be the first time.


And won't be the last since you both are so inclined to think I committed fraud. 

Contributor
Posts: 94
Registered: ‎09-25-2010
0

Re: Newest USAA Member


DI wrote:

And won't be the last since you both are so inclined to think I committed fraud. 


 

DI, you introduced the concept of fraud here.  You established that you are not eligible for USAA insurance products, and when questioned about how you eventually gained access, you refused to provide details.  In fact, your initial response was “I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked.”

 

The situation you refer to is one in which some folks were upset because you fraudulently gained access to a CU, and posted about it in the credit forum.  In this post, folks were “reminded” that discussing and encouraging fraud is against the TOS.  So if this USAA insurance venture were truly “on the level”, why did you reference this other incident?   Apparently there is a common theme.   You evidently enjoy providing minute-by-minute details on other credit ventures you embark on, so why is this one different?  It appears you’re either lying about obtaining insurance in the first place, or you (again) chose to commit fraud.  You now appear to believe that keeping the details to yourself, or inviting folks to gain the details via PMs, somehow makes it “OK”.  It doesn’t. 

 

If you post something in a public forum, you are inviting folks to question or comment.  If you’re defensive about the details, then perhaps the subject belongs in the “to yourself” category.  Attempting to halt discussion by saying “This is the credit card forum not insurance” is weak – you are the one who introduced the subject of insurance in the credit forum. 



Regular Contributor
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎09-27-2008
0

Re: Newest USAA Member


BoSox617 wrote:

DI wrote:

And won't be the last since you both are so inclined to think I committed fraud. 


 

DI, you introduced the concept of fraud here.  You established that you are not eligible for USAA insurance products, and when questioned about how you eventually gained access, you refused to provide details.  In fact, your initial response was “I've learned I have to keep quiet about some things in these forums.  It upset some members and create an uproar then the thread become locked.”

 

The situation you refer to is one in which some folks were upset because you fraudulently gained access to a CU, and posted about it in the credit forum.  In this post, folks were “reminded” that discussing and encouraging fraud is against the TOS.  So if this USAA insurance venture were truly “on the level”, why did you reference this other incident?   Apparently there is a common theme.   You evidently enjoy providing minute-by-minute details on other credit ventures you embark on, so why is this one different?  It appears you’re either lying about obtaining insurance in the first place, or you (again) chose to commit fraud.  You now appear to believe that keeping the details to yourself, or inviting folks to gain the details via PMs, somehow makes it “OK”.  It doesn’t. 

 

If you post something in a public forum, you are inviting folks to question or comment.  If you’re defensive about the details, then perhaps the subject belongs in the “to yourself” category.  Attempting to halt discussion by saying “This is the credit card forum not insurance” is weak – you are the one who introduced the subject of insurance in the credit forum. 




+1000

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Newest USAA Member

Getting my father to purchase insurance on a parked car to make me eligible isn't fraud.    I posted that suggestion to a member.  But I also told the member that's not how I became eligible.   I said that to deter others from trying to do the same.    I rather for people to figure things out like myself for themselves.    Thank you all for your comments.  If I offended anyone I am truly sorry. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.