Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly opened AU accounts

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Newly opened AU accounts

I got some cards 2 months ago and got my cousin as AU to them.

In the last 12 months, she only had opened 2 accs of her own and only 1 inq in EQ, and TU. Her aaoa is 1 year 1 month.

She had toy limits (<1000) and I added her to 5-6 of my cards to help util. Would the AU cards count against her?

The problem is, she might have a collection in her reports soon (don't know yet) and it will be difficult after that.

If she applies right now, would she be turned down because of the newly opened AU accounts?

Her Equifax is 732 from here.

Thanks!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Newly opened AU accounts

Would the AU account with 2 months history get her denied?

Anyone?

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

its all ymmv kind of thing..

why add her to a new card though. 

if your older cards have low util? 

it would help her util and her aaoa. 

im not certain but it wouldnt effect her until it reports. 

as for cards and collections. 

what is she trying to app for? 

and the co is it because of something she didnt pay recently or because its in dispute? 

depending on what she decides to app for with a lower aaoa they might approve her but like stated with toy limits. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 5
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I added her to my new cards because i'm trying to help her with the util. My oldest cards that I pif have less than 1k CL and I'm currently using the Home design card.

The CO is from a long battle with an auto insurance company. Nothing is on her report just yet and probably won't be if everything goes according to plan as we've already paid them in full.

My cards are reporting in her credit report as of now. She would be looking mostly for student cards like the citi forward for students and trying to get her a card from WF.

She won't apply right now tough. We will wait until the accs age. Probably until Feb or Mar next year.

Thank anyways for the interest Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Does she have previous history or just the history from being an AU on your new cards? Yea I would definitely wait before applying for anything! I've been reading a lot of folks getting denied for the student WF card for insufficient history. Waste of an HP considering its a student card...smh.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.