Re: News straight from the Cap 1 Executive office

Anyone ever seen super troopers?

"I'll believe that when me sh*t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet." 

Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Where can I find the number to the exec office? My husband has had his capital one unsecured card($300 limit) for a year and a month, and they denied his request for an increase via the chat. 

Message 13 of 23
umut
Contributor

i could send e mail only four people rest is e mail no good  so we see

Message 14 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I don't know why people think calling/emailing the exec office will get them a CLI. All they do for your CLI is the same thing a normal CSR would do, they put in the request, but they send it to an UW...who then still denied you Smiley Tongue They don't harass the UW to approve you, nor do they just override the UW's decision and give you a CLI. 

Message 15 of 23
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

OP, did you tell her why people don't reopen accounts with them after closing them?

First, they have a bad taste in their mouth from talking to (generally) rude csrs.

Then, they are upset because of all the cli and pc denials.

Third, it's THREE hard pulls for ONE card! They are the only ones I'm aware of who do that. 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 16 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It's three pulls for one card because they cater to deep subprime and they desire the increased resolution for their profitability.

Honestly one inquiry at the same time on each bureaus' report isn't that big of a deal statistically unless you're planning a bunch of other apps... Which is a low probability of success if you fit as a customer in their traditional model.

It may be something they change in the future with their higher tier products; however the people on this forum are in an extreme minority of the population that even knows let alone cares that C1 is doing a tri-pull.

While they may have decided to change some of their policies to increase customer retention, I sort of doubt this will be one of those. I suspect the majority of their profit is in the subprime market, and three pulls is a marginal increase in cost if it reduces their default rate by even a few percent most likely at their scale.

        
Message 17 of 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@mmmagique wrote:

OP, did you tell her why people don't reopen accounts with them after closing them?

First, they have a bad taste in their mouth from talking to (generally) rude csrs.

Then, they are upset because of all the cli and pc denials.

Third, it's THREE hard pulls for ONE card! They are the only ones I'm aware of who do that. 

+1111111111111111 we should create a website WE HATE CAPITAL ONE

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 23
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

I don't hate them. I'm just...bemused by them.

It's difficult to figure out their goal(s) in their lending practices, although it does appear that they may be waking up to the fact that they are losing the customers they helped become decent/good credit risks. 

It's possible their only goal in the past was to make as much money off of the subprime market as they could, while ignoring the rest. 

It's possible they've begun to see the $$ they are losing by letting so many walk. 

It certainly would be nice. But if not, they've served their purpose, and I do appreciate what they did for me in the past. 
Plus, if we didn't talk about Cap1, what else would we talk about?!! *g*

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 19 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I contacted the exec office and still waiting to see if they will PC me to the green cash card from my rebuilder (with perfect payment history in the last 4 years)

Good luck!

The executive office seems to be pretty helpful. Did you call them or email them? 

Thanks

I called them directly and it has been 1 week but got a vm from a lady telling me they are still working on it. She did however asked me for income, investments, mortgage payment etc.

I asked her to confirm that it will not be any hard pull and she said it will not be since it's a PC.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.