Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Amex Card?

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Next Amex Card?

Ive been working night and day on my credit. Ive been eye balling a couple new cards and want to aim for amex again. My scores are particularly low and im working on that and i most likely wont app for a year or two...but of course i start to itch in the garden. If my scores are around 715-730 would I qualify for something other than a charge card? Ive had my Zync card for 2 years now, its the hard limit zync and i use it for everything. I have better cards though so im kind of disappointed with it. Im aiming for the BCE but i know i wont qualify. Where could i start? Ive also heard that if you have a hard limit zync you dont qualify for other products and ill never be able to convert. Im thinking about applying for the hilton. Is there another card that is easier to be approved for then converted?

Currently i have low limit cards as well and im working on that. i have two secured that im currently making deposits on. I closed several store accounts. If not an Amex whatother cards a great?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Next Amex Card?

Sorry for typos lol my tablet drives me crazy 

Message 2 of 12
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Word has it that some of the co-branded revolvers, in addition to the Hilton, (e.g. Delta, JetBlue) have looser requirements and can be PC'd to BCE. Maybe start there?

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 3 of 12
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I believe that you can search the site for a link that will let you see if you have preapproved offers.  I would recommend doing that too.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 4 of 12
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

FB, I think they removed that feature, because I have been looking around for it for the last few days on Amex's website, but I still have not been able to find it. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 5 of 12
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for the responses. i also cant find the pre approved feature. I'll aim for the Hilton. Hate that the zync cant be converted. I really wanted this card to grow with  me but will forever have the 500 limit. 

Message 6 of 12
maceto
Contributor

What is your income? I got the SPG after AU
for 7 months
Message 7 of 12
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

My income is 40k. Was 25k when i appd. 

Message 8 of 12
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Agreed...I haven't been able to find it either.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 9 of 12
Mellon
Established Contributor

I have never seen it

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.