Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next CC

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Next CC

I plan to wait a few months to make it to a year and then apply for my next CC. I have about $5,000-$7,000 worth of house repairs I need to put on my card. It definitely has to have a long 0% APR period and offer cash back rewards. Income now 38,000. Looking at my sig, which card would be the best to add to my collection? I'm thinking Amex but they usually start with a low initial limit then give the  3x 60 day option. The thing is, that's not a guarantee. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Next CC

That's kind of a tricky set of criteria to achieve from one card.  Rewards cards don't often have very long 0% introductory rates.  I don't know much about this one other than what I've read on this forum, but it seems like something worth investigating:

Huntington Voice MasterCard

https://www.huntington.com/pas/creditcard/

0% APR for the first 12 months on either the Rewards card or the Low Interest card

Message 2 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I plan to wait a few months to make it to a year and then apply for my next CC. I have about $5,000-$7,000 worth of house repairs I need to put on my card. It definitely has to have a long 0% APR period and offer cash back rewards. Income now 38,000. Looking at my sig, which card would be the best to add to my collection? I'm thinking Amex but they usually start with a low initial limit then give the  3x 60 day option. The thing is, that's not a guarantee. Any suggestions?

Just for the home repairs, Home Depot may be suitable for ya:

Their recon for CLI seems very good, I've seen members being approved for under $1k initially and called to get it raised to 5digits. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 5
IWOL
Established Contributor

You might want to check out the Lowes card. They offer better terms than Home Depot. You can get 84 months at 5.99% on purchases over $3500.

Plus it's serviced by GE and they tend to be very generous with CLI.

You can also get 0% for 18 months on purchases of $599 or more most of the time during the year.

Message 4 of 5
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I need a new furnace. This time it'll be gas. Looks like Lowes is the better card. Let me go and take a closer look. Thanks for the suggestions.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.